SCCO waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Optomchick, are you sure about June 1st or did u just read from other threads? I cant imagine having to wait till june, but I will

Jfder, what quartile are you in? my friend in 1st just got in a couple days ago.

Members don't see this ad.

Haha wow this thread is like deja vu. I was in your guy's same spot last year. I think we found out our quartiles towards the end of April. I was 1st quartile so expecting to get in pretty early. I can't remember if it was April or May 15 that the 1500$ deposit was due. But anyways, my buddy was also 1st quarter and he was accepted sometime in early May. A couple weeks went by and I didn't hear anything. Someone in the similar thread from last year mentioned their friend was in the 2nd quartile and had been accepted ahead of me!!!

I started panicking at this point and tried contacting SCCO/Dr. Munroe. She told me not to worry and that historically everyone from the 1st quartile had been accepted....The weeks rolled by and I was not hearing back. I was basically getting ready to take OAT classes and start all over again at that point.

But then sometime in early July I received a call and was accepted! After talking to Dr. Munroe she said that quartiles are not the exact ranking. They also consider things like when you applied, and how close you are to the LA area.

So don't get your hopes up guys, and like others have said, someone in my class got called the day of orientation. Good luck everyone!
(I still can't believe that someone didn't have the decency to let SCCO know they wouldn't be attending)

Haha wow this thread is like deja vu. I was in your guy's same spot last year. I think we found out our quartiles towards the end of April. I was 1st quartile so expecting to get in pretty early. I can't remember if it was April or May 15 that the 1500$ deposit was due. But anyways, my buddy was also 1st quarter and he was accepted sometime in early May. A couple weeks went by and I didn't hear anything. Someone in the similar thread from last year mentioned their friend was in the 2nd quartile and had been accepted ahead of me!!!

I started panicking at this point and tried contacting SCCO/Dr. Munroe. She told me not to worry and that historically everyone from the 1st quartile had been accepted....The weeks rolled by and I was not hearing back. I was basically getting ready to take OAT classes and start all over again at that point.

But then sometime in early July I received a call and was accepted! After talking to Dr. Munroe she said that quartiles are not the exact ranking. They also consider things like when you applied, and how close you are to the LA area.

So don't get your hopes up guys, and like others have said, someone in my class got called the day of orientation. Good luck everyone!
(I still can't believe that someone didn't have the decency to let SCCO know they wouldn't be attending)

wow did you have a hard time finding a place to live?

Members don't see this ad :)

Well today is the 15th....so I hope there will be some movement...soon! Wow I hope if they call me, it's before orientation! I'm already making arrangements to go to NOVA, but I would drop everything it they told me I got in.

wow did you have a hard time finding a place to live?

No, I was pretty lucky since there were still some other people looking for places.

Well today is the 15th....so I hope there will be some movement...soon! Wow I hope if they call me, it's before orientation! I'm already making arrangements to go to NOVA, but I would drop everything it they told me I got in.

Yeah, there should be a lot of movement since I'm sure some people won't be paying the 1500 matriculation fee.

But then after that initial drop, it may take a while to start going through the wait list. I was like you were I had been accepted to other schools, but SCCO was my first choice...I was willing to take a year off to reapply!

So yeah, the year before me everyone on the wait list had gotten in, but I guess for my year only people in the 1st & 2nd quartiles got in. So if for anyone in the 3rd or 4th, you might want to consider your other options.

I just talked to Eryn and she said that they have sent all all the invitations to the waitlist and are still in the 1st quartile so far.

thanks for the update... I'm going to call them Monday as well.

thanks for the update... I'm going to call them Monday as well.

NOVA is still a really good school, any reason why you like SCCO > NOVA? I think you should just face it and go to NOVA cause it looks like people in the first quartile still haven't gotten in.

NOVA is still a really good school, any reason why you like SCCO > NOVA? I think you should just face it and go to NOVA cause it looks like people in the first quartile still haven't gotten in.

For me, I loved Nova since there is much more of a campus atmosphere rather than a few lecture halls and a library. There are also a lot more students to interact with (DO, DDS, OT/PT, nursing, PharmD, etc). And as much as people bitch about the fact that Nova has a "dress code" (btw, I don't consider scrubs much of a dress code), I have heard that SCCO makes you wear professional dress all day every day. If I am crawling out of bed for lecture, the last thing I'm doing is ironing a shirt or wearing heels. Being an East Coaster, I couldn't afford the cost to move cross country as well, albeit I'm not sure where you're originating from. I wish you luck getting into your dream school, but if not, I'll see you in sunny Florida :love:

Don't get me wrong, I'm very pleased and excited to go to Nova... but staying in socal would save me loads of money and the hassle/expenses of moving across the country. I live very close to the SCCO so I would live at home and not have to worry about rent. I'm already planning to move, but it doesn't mean I'm not going to keep checking on status updates :)

The dresscode thing doesn't bother me. I'll have an excuse to wear my work attire (which I haven't touched in 6 months since I quit haha), but scrubs do sound really comfy.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very pleased and excited to go to Nova... but staying in socal would save me loads of money and the hassle/expenses of moving across the country. I live very close to the SCCO so I would live at home and not have to worry about rent. I'm already planning to move, but it doesn't mean I'm not going to keep checking on status updates :)

The dresscode thing doesn't bother me. I'll have an excuse to wear my work attire (which I haven't touched in 6 months since I quit haha), but scrubs do sound really comfy.

hey you could go to Western and live at home :p haha i feel ya, i'm really happy to be living in Socal again :) But ya NOVA seems really nice, i'm sure you'd be happy there too. good luck!

(Also professional clothes > scubs hehe)

(Also professional clothes > scubs hehe)

Negative. Glorified pj's>>>having to pick out clothes half asleep. I am not coherent at 10 am, i am a walking zombie at 8. To pick out clothes and look normal, let alone professional, would it be fun. I realize I will have to do this at some point in my career, but I hope to either prolong it as long as possible or work in a hospital wearing scrubs. This takes one thing off my list I have to do before my espresso sets in. Plus they are superbly comfortable :nod:

Negative. Glorified pj's>>>having to pick out clothes half asleep. I am not coherent at 10 am, i am a walking zombie at 8. To pick out clothes and look normal, let alone professional, would it be fun. I realize I will have to do this at some point in my career, but I hope to either prolong it as long as possible or work in a hospital wearing scrubs. This takes one thing off my list I have to do before my espresso sets in. Plus they are superbly comfortable :nod:

They're also really ugly. I like looking professional in the hospital setting. Also we can wear anything we want to class so I like being able to wear my normal clothes.

They're also really ugly. I like looking professional in the hospital setting. Also we can wear anything we want to class so I like being able to wear my normal clothes.

On the topic of professional...I don't really feel like the photo with cleavage screams professional.

On the topic of professional...I don't really feel like the photo with cleavage screams professional.

LOL yeah cause it's totally a real picture of me. I'm sorry I didnt realize that internet forums required proper attire or I would have worn my suit.

I have heard that SCCO makes you wear professional dress all day every day. If I am crawling out of bed for lecture, the last thing I'm doing is ironing a shirt or wearing heels. Being an East Coaster, I couldn't afford the cost to move cross country as well, albeit I'm not sure where you're originating from. I wish you luck getting into your dream school, but if not, I'll see you in sunny Florida :love:

You heard wrong, you only need to wear dress attire at scco when you're in clinic. The dress code is pretty laid back. As a guy I usually just wear jeans and a polo or t-shirt every day.

Anyways, good luck to everyone still waiting, keep your hopes up!

I wish I am in the 1st quartile! After visiting the school during the interview, I want to go to that school even more than I already did. Although, I felt like all around was highways lol. I wonder how many people are in the waitlist. They said Im in there because my interview score was average, but I dont think there is anyone who can totally fail the interview to not be waitlisted at all. So Im anticipating that the waitlist is pretty large.