SCCP Class of 2019 starting Fall 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kevbo06

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone.

Just wanted to start this thread to start to get to know some people. My name is Kevin. I have applied to SCCP MUSC campus. I want this thread to be used by accepted and declined applicants. This will be my fourth application and I know how hard it is to apply and re-apply. The open descussion of scores can help in finding a target or goal for someone like myself who had a rough time starting out in life.

Hope to hear from SCCP and you soon.
-Kevin Hakamiun

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I got an interview for Oct. 10th. Yay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Kevin,

I'm not applying SCCP, but wish you luck. What would you say held you back during your initial attempts?

It is my gpa. I was a chemical engineering major at Clemson and it wasn't for me. I changed majors and my gpa went up, but the damage had been done. I have spent the last 4 years taking classes to increase my overall gpa. I have made a 4.0 my last 5 semesters. All of the hard work is starting to pay off.

I got an interview for Oct. 10th. Yay!

how did you find out about the interview? Was it a call or an email? I am still waiting to hear back from them and the wait is killing me haha

call... I have confirmed 2 dates so far...oct 3ed and oct 10th. Good luck... I know that wait.

call... I have confirmed 2 dates so far...oct 3ed and oct 10th. Good luck... I know that wait.

Dang, considering it's September 14th already and I haven't heard anything for an interview I'm starting to think that I might not get one, I applied to the USC campus though

Good luck at your interview! I have an interview at the MUSC campus on November 14th!

I received an interview invite for MUSC on Oct. 24th.

Those of you who had interview with SCCP; have you heard back from them? I was just wondering if they would at least let me know if am accepted/rejected.

Accepted to SCCP at USC! Interviewed September 24th for ED. Good luck to everyone, can't wait to begin

Reactions: 2 users
Those of you who had interview with SCCP; have you heard back from them? I was just wondering if they would at least let me know if am accepted/rejected.

Interviewed Oct 10th for ED at MUSC. Still waiting. ED final decision is OCT 24th.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,
I have an interview October 24th at MUSC. I'll keep you all abreast with the outcome.

Has anyone been deferred or denied for Early Admissions? I haven't heard anything yet, and I'm starting to worry.

@OliviaJ and momosapien. When did you interview?

Last edited:
USC. Do they usually wait until the final day to inform you if you are deferred/denied?
I think if you are deferred they don't tell you and you just keep going in the process, if you are denied I'm assuming it'll be the last day for ED, were you in the first interview group? Mine was at 8am on the 24th at USC

I think if you are deferred they don't tell you and you just keep going in the process, if you are denied I'm assuming it'll be the last day for ED, were you in the first interview group? Mine was at 8am on the 24th at USC
I interviewed on the 24th, sometime in the afternoon. My PharmCas hasn't opened up yet, so I'm not sure what the deal is. I've tried to email one of the ladies at SCCP-Columbia to ask how they do that (mainly because I have to register for classes this week), and I didn't receive a response. I didn't know if anyone else has/had this issue.

I interviewed on the 24th, sometime in the afternoon. My PharmCas hasn't opened up yet, so I'm not sure what the deal is. I've tried to email one of the ladies at SCCP-Columbia to ask how they do that (mainly because I have to register for classes this week), and I didn't receive a response. I didn't know if anyone else has/had this issue.
I would just try calling Nikki Mellen, I went in there today to drop off my seat reservation form and she was in her office

by my count so far....
MUSC: 1
USC:2

I hope we can hear from some more people. I would like to know some of my classmates before school starts.

Interviewed with the MUSC campus on the 24th for regular admissions. I heard that the admissions committee meets on Tuesdays and takes around 2 weeks. The real questions is do they meet on election day? Could be waiting a couple more weeks if they don't.

Interviewed the 24th and just received acceptance. Pretty pumped for Charleston!

I applied and quickly received an interview on October 24th. I was told that because I have more that 16 hours of prerequisites remaining (all of which are either being completed or are set to be completed) that I will have to submit my fall 2014 grades before they can make a decision on my application. Does anyone know how long that might take following submission of grades? MUSC is clearly my first choice, but there are a few other schools that I am considering and don't know how long I'll have to wait.

I applied and quickly received an interview on October 24th. I was told that because I have more that 16 hours of prerequisites remaining (all of which are either being completed or are set to be completed) that I will have to submit my fall 2014 grades before they can make a decision on my application. Does anyone know how long that might take following submission of grades? MUSC is clearly my first choice, but there are a few other schools that I am considering and don't know how long I'll have to wait.

I am sure at this point it is just a formality to make sure you pass your classes. I don't think it will be long after you submit your grades. I am sure there are others in your same predicament. Trust yourself and make sure to get the next semester done. Hope to see you in the fall.

Just received an interview invite! Very excited to visit the school since Im from Indiana

Anyone know if there is a facebook group for accepted students for the class of '19? I'm attending the MUSC campus next fall and am looking for a roommate in Charleston. I figured it'd be a lot easier to coordinate that with someone over facebook rather than wait around for their roommate search system to find one for me. If so, if you could post the link. Otherwise, I'll work on creating a group.

It seems like there aren't that many people here going to SCCP at USC

Has anyone that has been accepted heard anything for the upcoming school year or know when we will hear something?

Nope, I wish there was a group or something already. I kinda want to start looking into apartments next month but it would be ideal if I could find a roommate

Same. It would be nice to know who's going to be in our classes next year. I also hope SCCP sends information soon, too because it's almost March and I've heard nothing other than that I've been accepted. Some places in Columbia offer roommate matching if that's something you're interested in.

I don't know if I would trust a roommate matching service, I would prefer living with someone that is also in the college, mainly for studying purposes

Has anyone from the last 2 or 3 sets of interviews heard anything back yet? I know Dean Hall mentioned they were shooting for the 15th, but that it may be a week or two longer. I was just wondering. I've been anxiously waiting to hear back haha. I interviewed at the MUSC campus.

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything from USC yet? I interviewed in October and got deferred because of pending coursework. I'm just curious as to whether they have let anyone know anything yet or has anyone heard of any recent acceptances?

USC is starting their advisement sessions for accepted students in April, I'm going to their first one on April 9th

I interviewed in February...has anyone heard back from that group?

I interviewed in February...has anyone heard back from that group?

I haven't heard anything yet, interviewed in the last available interview day at MUSC. They mentioned though that the last 2-3 sets of interviews that were going to pool applicants and make a decision. He also said they planned to try and decide by march 15th, but that there was no guarantee they would stick to that, and that's already obviously passed haha.

I interviewed jan 24, and still haven't heard anything. I called and they said everyone should have an answer by tomorrow.