Schedule for pharmacy students? Florida student please :)

Started by Dr Trip
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dr Trip

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm currently working on my BS in biology and headed towards pharmacy school. I'd like to know what the schedules are like while in pharmacy school. Is it 8a-5p Monday through Friday? Or different depending on year in school? Is it possible to work one day a week? I know all schools are different, but I'm very interested in Florida schools, specifically UF and FAMU.


As a side question, how far does everyone travel for school? UF has a distance campus here in Jacksonville, but besides that I'd have to travel 2-3 hrs to school. I just bought a house here so its more difficult for me to just move my family elsewhere. Thanks 🙂
 
I'm currently working on my BS in biology and headed towards pharmacy school. I'd like to know what the schedules are like while in pharmacy school. Is it 8a-5p Monday through Friday? Or different depending on year in school? Is it possible to work one day a week? I know all schools are different, but I'm very interested in Florida schools, specifically UF and FAMU.


As a side question, how far does everyone travel for school? UF has a distance campus here in Jacksonville, but besides that I'd have to travel 2-3 hrs to school. I just bought a house here so its more difficult for me to just move my family elsewhere. Thanks 🙂

Seems like buying the house was a very poor decision...
 
Seems like buying the house was a very poor decision...

Actually I got my house for an amazing deal and I get to enjoy it for at least another 4 years plus getting $8,000 in tax credits so it was an awesome decision. But thanks anyways for the "helpful" comment 😛
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Actually I got my house for an amazing deal and I get to enjoy it for at least another 4 years plus getting $8,000 in tax credits so it was an awesome decision. But thanks anyways for the "helpful" comment 😛

keep in mind, a lot of pharmacy schools dont require you to attend classes. A lot of students in mine dont attend class period. I'm considering moving maybe an hour away this next fall. So dont let your location discourage you!
 
keep in mind, a lot of pharmacy schools dont require you to attend classes. A lot of students in mine dont attend class period. I'm considering moving maybe an hour away this next fall. So dont let your location discourage you!

Thanks! That's good to know. I have a few back up plans about the house if needed but I'm hoping not to resort to them. I'm going to hope for the best and prepare for the worst.
 
i go to nova but i live in jville, and frankly i hate satellite campus because seriously you're getting rip off of Ur tuition money and interaction with majority of the class. At nova p1 is 1-5, p2 8-12, p3 8-11 or so but p2 and p3 have days off.

edited:sorry long day and much longer days ahead -___-'
 
Last edited:
i go to nova but i live in jville, and frankly i had satillite campus because seirously u're getting rip off of ur tuition money and interaction with majority of the class. At nova p1 is 1-5, p2 8-12, p3 8-11 or so but p2 and p3 have days off
😕
Rephrase please.
 
i go to nova but i live in jville, and frankly i hate satellite campus because seriously you're getting rip off of Ur tuition money and interaction with majority of the class. At nova p1 is 1-5, p2 8-12, p3 8-11 or so but p2 and p3 have days off.

edited:sorry long day and much longer days ahead -___-'


How many days a week in p1, p2, p3? Do you drive to South Florida everyday?