Schedule Interview Early or Late / Waiting to Schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hubbsbubbs

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know I'm getting ahead of myself but...once we get a II, should we wait to get other IIs to schedule them? I only have so many vacation days from work, and considering the cost of airfare, I thought it might be good to try to line up all my interviews around the same time. Thoughts?

Anyone apply last cycle that has successfully lined up their interviews in the same time frame?

Does it look bad to schedule an interview closer to the winter (or even in the spring?)

Members don't see this ad.

Unfortunately for your finances, it's probably best to schedule interviews fairly soon after you receive the invite. Most schools are rolling, so your chances of admission are usually somewhat better if you interview early in the season. Plus a lot of applicants also only get 1 or 2 (or 0) interviews, and even if you get multiple invites, they could be months apart. I got my first II in August and my last in March. Some schools are receptive to "in the area" emails (this info is usually on their website), so you might be able to schedule a trip that way.

Reactions: 1 user