Scholarship/Financial Aid Information?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Piglet2020

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was accepted months ago to my state school but it seems that my school hasn't sent out the financial aid packet or scholarship info to anyone yet. (I completed FAFSA months ago.) When is the latest date for schools to send out this information? I realize that the cycle is pretty much over by now. Our second look day is soon too. Should I wait to contact my school's financial aid department by May to figure out the situation? Thanks.
 
I was accepted months ago to my state school but it seems that my school hasn't sent out the financial aid packet or scholarship info to anyone yet. (I completed FAFSA months ago.) When is the latest date for schools to send out this information? I realize that the cycle is pretty much over by now. Our second look day is soon too. Should I wait to contact my school's financial aid department by May to figure out the situation? Thanks.
May is a common time for schools to send this information.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would contact them to make sure your file is complete. Maybe they’re waiting on some financial info/document from you to be able to do your package, so that’s why it hasn’t come out.
 
I would contact them to make sure your file is complete. Maybe they’re waiting on some financial info/document from you to be able to do your package, so that’s why it hasn’t come out.

I got a fafsa confirmation that my file was complete though.
 
I got a fafsa confirmation that my file was complete though.
But they may need more than that is what i’m saying. Some schools have extra forms to fill out. So, sure, your fafsa is all set but you may need to submit more documentation to the school. It never hurts to ask if your file is complete financial aid-wise. at best, they say yes and you know for sure that all you need you need to do is wait 🙂