Scholarship for Podiatry Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

YeastyMan

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am applying for this cycle's podiatry schools.
I have pretty good gpa and mcat stats, as well as EC.
I heard from SDN peers that I would be able to get scholarship offers.

Can anyone who has received/ is receiving scholarship let me know
1) How much the scholarship cover? Actual or percentage-wise
2) Do you have to apply or is the scholarship given automatically?
3) Do you have to keep your grades at a certain level to be able to receive it every year?
4) Are there any scholarship programs besides the one schools provide that I should be aware of?

Thank you in advance!

UPDATE:
DMU: less than 5K. Have to be top 25%. Have to be at least 3.6 GPA for 3rd year. Low cost of living though.
NYCPM: range from 10-40k for 4 years. Given on arrival. And 50% off if maintain 3.2 GPA.
Western: 10k no renewal.
KSUCPM: 11k for first year. 50% off if 4.0GPA
CSPM: 20k each year if maintain 3.0 GPA
SCPM: 5k or half tuition (for top 10 students). Also 1-5k non-merit based
AZPOD: ___
BUSPM:_____
TUSPM:_____

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
NYCPM provides students with scholarships ranging anywhere from $4k to $13,800 (half-tuition) per year, depending on your GPA and MCAT score. The scholarship is automatically given upon arrival, and is kept as long as the student maintains a 3.2 GPA every year. There are plenty of scholarships outside the school that are simply waiting to be found.

Last edited:
When a bunch of mediocre students are all given a "scholarship" its really a tuition discount. Other than our rural health "scholarship" (which is quite large but comes with strings) the DMU scholarships are less than $5K and require you to be top 25% to keep them after 1st year. The required GPA becomes quite competitive by 3rd year (its greater than a ~3.6).

Members don't see this ad :)
When a bunch of mediocre students are all given a "scholarship" its really a tuition discount. Other than our rural health "scholarship" (which is quite large but comes with strings) the DMU scholarships are less than $5K and require you to be top 25% to keep them after 1st year. The required GPA becomes quite competitive by 3rd year (its greater than a ~3.6).

Well hey the cost of living is a lot lower at DMU so you guys probably don't need as much :) As far as sheer amount of scholarship dollars I think CSPM has renewable ones that range up to $20k (if you had that one you'd get up to 80k over 4 years as long as you maintained a 3.0 gpa). Quite a deal, but you needed to have good gpa+MCAT to qualify for it. Not sure if they still offer it. That and keep in mind it's more expensive to live in the bay area. Temple/Kent/NY have also been known to have big scholarships.

Last edited:
I was offered $11K by Temple back in the day -no idea about the renewability. Kent offers $10K first year that I don't think is renewable. Kent previously offered a very generous amount (possibly 1/2 off) for a 4.0 GPA while in school, but there was a rumor on here that this option is gone. Perhaps a current student can confirm. I was under the impression that Scholl offered a generous, but competitive scholarships.

I was offered $11K by Temple back in the day -no idea about the renewability. Kent offers $10K first year that I don't think is renewable. Kent previously offered a very generous amount (possibly 1/2 off) for a 4.0 GPA while in school, but there was a rumor on here that this option is gone. Perhaps a current student can confirm. I was under the impression that Scholl offered a generous, but competitive scholarships.

Yes it is true kent still offers that. There are 4-5 people in the class of 17 with half off tuition.

I'm a first year at NYCPM and was offered a half tuition scholarship ($13,800) for all 4 years with maintenance of a 3.2.
Western granted me $10,000 with no renewal. There are other outside sources you can apply for scholarships and after first year there are a lot more options for scholarship opportunities that you must apply for.

Last edited:
Scholl incoming scholarships I know of are $5k and half tuition. I believe there are 10 half tuitions available to incoming students. After 1st year there are 10 half tuition scholarships given to the top 10 based on rank. There are also a few smaller 1-5k scholarships that are non-merit based.

Does anyone know an average of the min gpa/mcat for applicants to be offered scholarship?

Does anyone know an average of the min gpa/mcat for applicants to be offered scholarship?
Well, average MCAT is 22.3, average GPA is 3.3, and average sGPA is 3.16. So you should probably aim for one standard deviation up these scores.

I'm a first year at NYCPM and was offered a half tuition scholarship ($13,800) for all 4 years with maintenance of a 3.2.
Western granted me $10,000 with no renewal. There are other outside sources you can apply for scholarships and after first year there are a lot more options for scholarship opportunities that you must apply for.

Do u mind sharing ur MCAT and gpa score?

At CSPM they have a point system. If your gpa and mcat score added up to (I believe above 65 pts) they offer $20,000. So for example a 3.7 and a 30 MCAT would be 67 pts. I forget the other point breakdowns, but the next offer is $10,000 and $5000.

I'm not sure of any other schools system for deciding the merit based scholarships.

At CSPM they have a point system. If your gpa and mcat score added up to (I believe above 65 pts) they offer $20,000. So for example a 3.7 and a 30 MCAT would be 67 pts. I forget the other point breakdowns, but the next offer is $10,000 and $5000.

I'm not sure of any other schools system for deciding the merit based scholarships.

Average gpa and mcat for admission are 3.3 and 22. A candidate with 3.7 and 30 would most likely go with DO not dpm.

You calculated the points with 10*gpa + mcat right?

Average gpa and mcat for admission are 3.3 and 22. A candidate with 3.7 and 30 would most likely go with DO not dpm.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe that was the point breakdown. I suppose they would, but this is for scholarships, so to get $20,000/year which is quite a bit, you'd need to be a pretty outstanding applicant. Most likely they dont give out a lot of those scholarships.

Or they truly like podiatry...