• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

DoctorB

10+ Year Member
May 21, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hi all,

I was accepted to my state school ($) but am on the waitlist at my top choice($$$$$$$$). If I do not recieve a scholarship from the private waitlisted school I may not attend. Is it possible to get a scholarship after being waitlisted or are those reserved for the "elite" right off the bat accepted students?
Anyone get a scholarship after being waitlisted?
Thanks!

Emergency!

10+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2004
Michigan
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I did - a rather substantial one, too. I know a couple of other people in my class who were also on the waitlist and were offered a similar scholarship. So, its possible, but probably not all that common. Also - I wasn't offered the scholarship until a month or so after I was accepted, at which time I had already relinquished my other spot.

DoctorB

10+ Year Member
May 21, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Thanks for your comment. I just don't see why a school that waitlists you would offer you a scholarship. Waitlisting someone is basically saying.... "Hey, your a good applicant but we have a lot better people ahead of you. If they all decide to go somewhere else then we will offer you a spot." With that being said, would it be safe to assume that if a "waitlistee" (if that is a word) is offered a scholarship, then everyone who was accepted without being waitlisted was offered one too?

About the Ads

tennisguy896

10+ Year Member
Apr 7, 2006
Status (Visible)
I know many schools use merit scholarships as recruitment tools, so if a person turns the scholarship down it gets recycled for next year and is not given to another student that same year, which is pretty logical.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.