Scholarships/ good financial aid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JohnnyBravo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I've done some research on this. I would like confirmation. What schools give out good aid.

Pittsburgh, Michigan, Chicago, Northwestern?, Vandy, and emory. I've seen some URM's get scholarships from Penn, Columbia, etc. I got a 37 MCAT and have a 3.5 GPA cum and science. I know Duke gives out some merit scholarships. I'm looking for some good schools to apply to that are URM friendly and affordable:)

I'm definitely applying to the following: mayo, iowa, wisconsin, chicago, northwestern, pittsburgh, michigan, and maybe vandy (tennessee). I would like to know where else my fellow URM are applying.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,

I've done some research on this. I would like confirmation. What schools give out good aid.

Pittsburgh, Michigan, Chicago, Northwestern?, Vandy, and emory. I've seen some URM's get scholarships from Penn, Columbia, etc. I got a 37 MCAT and have a 3.5 GPA cum and science. I know Duke gives out some merit scholarships. I'm looking for some good schools to apply to that are URM friendly and affordable:)

I'm definitely applying to the following: mayo, iowa, wisconsin, chicago, northwestern, pittsburgh, michigan, and maybe vandy (tennessee). I would like to know where else my fellow URM are applying.

Wooooah 37 MCAT? How you pull that off my brother?

Hey,

Iowa from personal exp..

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey,

I think that those are good mix of schools. Depending on your parent's income, need based schools like Harvard, JHU and Yale might end up being significantly cheaper than even a full-tution scholarship. Also add Mt. Sinai to that list. Good luck.

Wooooah 37 MCAT? How you pull that off my brother?

practice tests my friend. Take as many as you can. Also, learn to think through it. At first I was cocky and would try to understand the whole passage. BS is ALL passage based. So, get used to reasoning. All of the answers are there. On my MCAT there was a passage on a hereditary disease. One gene affected the activity of another gene. You have to be able to piece stuff together. The Kaplan BS stuff is awesome. If you want it, pm me. I agree with you delaying. The last weeks should be testing. The kaplan tests are hard but they will make faster at math, challenge you, so that when you take the real test you won't be phased at all. PM for advice man.

practice tests my friend. Take as many as you can. Also, learn to think through it. At first I was cocky and would try to understand the whole passage. BS is ALL passage based. So, get used to reasoning. All of the answers are there. On my MCAT there was a passage on a hereditary disease. One gene affected the activity of another gene. You have to be able to piece stuff together. The Kaplan BS stuff is awesome. If you want it, pm me. I agree with you delaying. The last weeks should be testing. The kaplan tests are hard but they will make faster at math, challenge you, so that when you take the real test you won't be phased at all. PM for advice man.
Didn't get a 37 mcat but I did pretty well and I cosign that reasoning through it.
School's I know that give scholarships: UCONN [a girl got a full ride there that I know of], BUSM [3 years full ride via MLK scholarship], Tufts will give you half off tuition which is still a lot.
Good Luck

Didn't get a 37 mcat but I did pretty well and I cosign that reasoning through it.
School's I know that give scholarships: UCONN [a girl got a full ride there that I know of], BUSM [3 years full ride via MLK scholarship], Tufts will give you half off tuition which is still a lot.
Good Luck

Is BUSM Boston University?

38 mCat here. I def agree with reasoning through it. I barely did 2 practise tests.