Scholarships/grants that postbac students are eligible for?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jelloh

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Most schools don't offer any sort of funding, outside of loans, for postbac students. But does anyone know of any scholarships from non-institutional sources that a postbac student might be eligible for? I remember when I was beginning college I did some searching and there were a number of things like essay contests, etc. for college students to enter and win money for school. I feel like there was a scholarship contest through someplace like the Container Store at the time, for example. Have any postbac students found anything like this that is available to students who are not traditional undergraduates, even if it is just for a small amount?

Members don't see this ad.

I was actually looking into that a few minutes ago. Unfortunately, I haven't come up with much. If you are in the south and are willing to attend a public school, however, there is such a thing as an "academic common market" that allows you to pay in-state tuition as an out-of-state student if the program is not offered in your state. Certain northern states my offer a similar program but I haven't found anything about it. In either case, I'm attending a private college so I'm screwed either way.

If you are in the south and are willing to attend a public school, however, there is such a thing as an "academic common market" that allows you to pay in-state tuition as an out-of-state student if the program is not offered in your state. Certain northern states my offer a similar program but I haven't found anything about it. In either case, I'm attending a private college so I'm screwed either way.
Do you know if this applies to graduate work?

Members don't see this ad :)
That's really interesting mbernard, thanks for the info. Sadly it won't help me as I am from NY and there are plenty of programs here, but that could be a pretty sweet opportunity for someone out there.

bdvz, I believe so. I got this info while listening to an episode of Clark Howard. If you were to do a google search of him and the "academic common market," you'd get more info. The video directed me to this website: http://www.sreb.org/cgi-bin/MySQLdb?VIEW=/public/view_home.txt

Jelloh, I did come across this website that offered scholarship information to students attending particular programs. Maybe you should check it out: http://www.insidecollege.com/reno/I...But-Wait-I-Forgot-to-Take-Science/201/list.do