Scholarships out there

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

speedrazer

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm currently applying to several optometry schools and the cost of attending has gotten my attention. I'm wondering if anyone knows any scholarships PCO, ICO, SCO, UMSL, NECO, SUNY, and/or NOVA has that would take a significant amount of the cost out. Also, what would my chances be of receiving any of these with a gpa of 3.87 and OAT AA: 370 and OAT TS: 380. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

You have awesome stats, please don't apply to SCO and NOVA so I can have a shot! :D just kidding!

You probably do have a good shot of getting scholarships, I know SCO has a ton of them but if I remember correctly, they're mostly for current students. Good luck applying!

Members don't see this ad :)
You have awesome stats, please don't apply to SCO and NOVA so I can have a shot! :D just kidding!

You probably do have a good shot of getting scholarships, I know SCO has a ton of them but if I remember correctly, they're mostly for current students. Good luck applying!

Hahaha! Good one.

Anyway, as to the last paragraph, you are correct that SCO has a ton of them, but most are for entering students. There are several for current students, but most of those are outside companies/associations/persons/etc. If you apply early (and get in early) you will have the best shot during the first scholarship picking cycle (I think sometime in early December).

Thanks, you guys have been a big help.:)