Scholl c/o 2012!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PodChick

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
YAYYYYY! I just got word that I have been accepted to Scholl!!! It is my first choice so that is where I will be Fall 2008! Anybody else out there part of the next class?

Also, is there a facebook, myspace community for Scholl students??

:):):)

Members don't see this ad.

YAYYYYY! I just got word that I have been accepted to Scholl!!! It is my first choice so that is where I will be Fall 2008! Anybody else out there part of the next class?

Also, is there a facebook, myspace community for Scholl students??

:):):)

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2212745585

this is the SCPM group for Facebook.

The myspace one you can sign up for by adding your school. It's under "Dr. William M. Scholl College"

Good luck, if you have any questions, i'm more than happy to answer. Congrats, btw me and you, it's the best Podiatry School in the nation ;)

Pod Chick,

Congrats, that is cool. I interviewed with you at Barry (I was the one from Utah) anyway when did you interview at Scholl? I haven't heard from them yet and was kinda wondering how long they take to let you know. I feel that everything went excellent there at my interview but I have three other schools wanting deposits and still no word from Scholl.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Poddy,

Thanks! I interviewed there last Thursday(11/15), and they notified me this Tuesday since the admissions committee met on that day. I would call the school and check your status...What other schools did you interview at and which one is your top choice?

Stafocker,

Between me and you, I think so too!!

Hey you two,

If im not losing my mind i think i was with you both at Barry in oct. I was the goofy looking semi-blonde guy from seattle.

So right on podchick from cali (i forgot your name sorry!) ill be seeing ya there this fall!

And Poddy, beware if you get accepted/go to scholls. illinois is flat as a pancake. If we want mts to board, we're gonna be making them ourselves out on the lawn. Im already going into withdrawls :eek:

congrats on coming to Scholl! This is by far the best school in the country and has the best opportunities for students, both professional and *ahem* social. If anyone has any questions, I'm currently a first year student and I live on campus so feel free to ask me anything.

Like you guys I suppose, I was accepted early last year, around the beginning of November. The hard part is waiting so long for school to start :cool:

better than DMU? I got accepted to both and really trying to see which to choose. I might be choosing between scholl, azpod, and dmu if everything works out

I had a tough choice between DMU and Scholl last year, but I'm very happy with my choice. DMU is a great school though. My roomate from last year is a DO student there.

PM me if you need to be convinced ;)

Hey Everyone! I've decided on Scholl too and cannot wait!!!

:) yay, I'll see you there in August!!!

btw, has anyone started a Scholl class of 2012 facebook??

I'm narrowed down between scholl and DMU...recently sent my deposits to both. Ah this is going to be a tough decision!

I'm narrowed down between scholl and DMU...recently sent my deposits to both. Ah this is going to be a tough decision!

It's not a hard choice. Just pick the school with the most attractive opposite sex... duh!!

Members don't see this ad :)
There seemed to be a lot of married people at des moines.....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :rolleyes: I think I know my answer now lol

Haha, that's what I've been hearing too.. I'd say stick w/ Scholl!

Haha, that's what I've been hearing too.. I'd say stick w/ Scholl!

dude, like 2 couples hooked up at SCPM while i was there and got married.

my advice, DON'T date in your class!! go up or down, but please, don't date your classmate!

imagine the "Real World" on MTV only with 80+ ppl and higher SAT scores. But the same amount of sexy. ha.

Well I guess I will be the only one not married going to DMU! But of the other 11 people I have met in the class of 2012 I don't think they are married either.

I really liked Scholl. It has a hard toss up between the two schools. Congrats to everyone going there next year.

hey everyone! ive started to think about the housing application and I'm trying to decide whether I should apply for a single or double.. anyone have opinions on which would be better to go for??

There seemed to be a lot of married people at des moines.....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :rolleyes: I think I know my answer now lol

When you consider the dating pool, you've must remeber that you take classes with about 300 DOs, 45 DPMs, 40 DPTs, and 30 PAs. If 50% are female, that is about 205 women. Even if 50% of those are married that is about 100 single women. But it does seem like a lot of married people b/c that is about 200 to 300 married people.

That is the big difference when you talk about married students at DMU; you aren't just working on DPMs. In our class, one guy married the hottest PA in our year, another married the hottest DPT, and a few of the ladies are dating DOs.

You can also look at this way lots of married guys means less competition. :thumbup:

hey everyone! ive started to think about the housing application and I'm trying to decide whether I should apply for a single or double.. anyone have opinions on which would be better to go for??

Well, just depends on how much privacy you want. Don't get me wrong the Suites are built with 2 beds and 2 separate baths in your rooms, but you share your living and kitchen. Also you save more money living in the double.

However, the single, you can do whatever you want to your suite and live like you own it.

I did the double and loved having a roommate. It was nice just hanging out especially after an exam (he was a good DD). Anyways, it's really a crapshoot cause a lot of ppl didn't end up liking their roommate and moved out later in the year into a open single. Good luck.

When you consider the dating pool, you've must remeber that you take classes with about 300 DOs, 45 DPMs, 40 DPTs, and 30 PAs. If 50% are female, that is about 205 women. Even if 50% of those are married that is about 100 single women. But it does seem like a lot of married people b/c that is about 200 to 300 married people.

That is the big difference when you talk about married students at DMU; you aren't just working on DPMs. In our class, one guy married the hottest PA in our year, another married the hottest DPT, and a few of the ladies are dating DOs.

You can also look at this way lots of married guys means less competition. :thumbup:

haha... awesome.

Nothing wrong with marrying a hot PA and supplying your office with "free" labor ;). At Scholl, there's a lot of MD's, DPT's, PA's, Grad, etc, but the hottest girls were always the PA's and Scholl girls. Some of them worked downtown at Chicago bars (i don't know how, but we had parties there, not sure about their grades though....). It's legendary that SCPM girls look good... but with SCPM guys... i have to defer to CSPM (it's closer to San Francisco, haha)

haha... awesome.

Nothing wrong with marrying a hot PA and supplying your office with "free" labor ;). At Scholl, there's a lot of MD's, DPT's, PA's, Grad, etc, but the hottest girls were always the PA's and Scholl girls. Some of them worked downtown at Chicago bars (i don't know how, but we had parties there, not sure about their grades though....). It's legendary that SCPM girls look good... but with SCPM guys... i have to defer to CSPM (it's closer to San Francisco, haha)

This can be dangerous. :eek:

Well, just depends on how much privacy you want. Don't get me wrong the Suites are built with 2 beds and 2 separate baths in your rooms, but you share your living and kitchen. Also you save more money living in the double.

However, the single, you can do whatever you want to your suite and live like you own it.

I did the double and loved having a roommate. It was nice just hanging out especially after an exam (he was a good DD). Anyways, it's really a crapshoot cause a lot of ppl didn't end up liking their roommate and moved out later in the year into a open single. Good luck.

The single sounds pretty nice even though it is a bit more money. I mean you will probably have friends down the hall in other rooms so it is not like they will be far away (just a knock on the door if you will). The only thing I am a bit leary of in the double situation is the school picking out a roomate for you. I had a pretty crappy situation in my first year of undergrad (dude didn't shower, never did laundry, was banging the RA, etc lol) so the single at RFU sounds cool.

I live in student housing at Scholl this year. It's nice because its so close and everyone around you is in your class or you get to know pretty readily.
Singles are expensive, but if you don't mind paying more and want a lot of space, they're a good way to go.
I live in a double and randomly got paired up with a guy who's in the M2 class and I really lucked out because he's about as cool as they come. Neither of us have furniture though, so our living room consists of a table and a putting green!

I would definitely recommend living in student housing at least your first year. I've never had any problems with noise (except one of my classmates living above me is a metalhead and gets carried away sometimes) and the buildings are cleaned daily.

Either option is a little pricey, but you definitely save on gas by not commuting and gas is around $3.25 most places in chicago now....

"Neither of us have furniture though, so our living room consists of a table and a putting green!"

Wow, didn't even consider that the apartments wouldn't be furnished :laugh: What do most ppl who are out of state do for furniture? (rental I'm assuming?).. do ya even have to buy you're own bed??

most people bring furniture with them or just go to ikea, which is pretty much the most legendary store ever for poor med students!

There are places that give a discount for rental to students though, I think the housing office has info

Is there a Facebook page for Scholl class of 2012 yet? I was on the main SCPM facebook page, but didn't see much from incoming students. I'm a self proclaimed Facebook dummy, but if someone else were to set up a page, I'd join... Any takers?

Hello Class of 2012! Congrats on joining the Scholl Family. I am a current second year and one of the scholl ambassador for this year, so if you guys have any questions just let me know.

"Neither of us have furniture though, so our living room consists of a table and a putting green!"

Wow, didn't even consider that the apartments wouldn't be furnished :laugh: What do most ppl who are out of state do for furniture? (rental I'm assuming?).. do ya even have to buy you're own bed??

If you want to bring your own furniture, you should start looking early into shipping options (the earlier, the cheaper). Or you can do what I did and u-haul your stuff over halfway across the country (I'm from Seattle, so you best know it's doable). I also went to ikea for somethings, but remember that ikea is also about a 30min drive from N. Chicago...

I've proud to say I completely missed the green when putting in his living room.

@ MrFeeties: Would you rather have Tom blasting his metal music, or singing in Rockband again :(
BTW, there's never really any noise complaints in student housing (I've talked to the community manager because we play Rockband and Guitar Hero pretty loudly). And actually most of the time it feels like a hotel instead of dorms because you barely see anyone else (that is unless you actively go knocking on your friends' door)...

Is there a Facebook page for Scholl class of 2012 yet? I was on the main SCPM facebook page, but didn't see much from incoming students. I'm a self proclaimed Facebook dummy, but if someone else were to set up a page, I'd join... Any takers?

It's easy to set it up and it's best if you just do it. you'll be surprised how easy it is. congrats on Scholl!

Tiggles insists you can learn just as much by watching House reruns as you can by going to class. So if all you incoming first years wanna get a jump on med school.........

And yes my upstairs neighbor thought that getting a better score while singing in rockband meant 'just screaming louder.' Remakably, this did not lead to any noise complaints, which is another reason why student housing rocks :thumbup:

Hey yall!!

Since no one started a 2012 group, I went ahead and made one so anyone who is attending scholl this fall, JOIN!

I hope I set it up right, if you notice that anything is off, let me know so I can change it!!! (First time setting up a group!)

Anyways, yay for Scholl!

hey what is the group under i can't find it/?

Yea, I was trying to find the scholl group as well but don't seem to see it. Let me know.

Yeah Scholl 2012!! Just joined the facebook group.:p

Yay, I just joined as well! Thanks for doing this Podchick...:D

Yayyy! I joined too, thanks for that PodChick!

Hey guys I have my interview at Scholl in next week. I was wondering if any of you know how full the class is, and the number of people that receive interviews that are accepted. Thanks

Nevermind. It doesn't matter I just got my acceptance letter through e-mail. I'm definitely going to be attending here in the fall, i'm pretty stoked. Hope to see yall there.

Nevermind. It doesn't matter I just got my acceptance letter through e-mail. I'm definitely going to be attending here in the fall, i'm pretty stoked. Hope to see yall there.

Congrats :thumbup: I'm pretty set on scholl as well.

Woo hoo, me too! They just sent me the financial aid paperwork via email last week, not fun, but necessary I suppose... It's a bit intimidating looking at numbers with that many zeros!

Yayy I'm getting pretty excited!!! For you guys that haven't joined the facebook group, join!!!! It's called Scholl Class of 2012!!!!!

Have you guys decided if you are going to take out just Stafford loans....or more :X ??

And....are you guys all applying for on campus housing?? :hardy:

I applied for on campus housing a while ago. I'm looking forward to classes starting in the fall.

I'm going to try for all Stafford loans, but am not sure what the limits are for sub and unsub per year. I haven't been able to really read over the fine print, but I might end up calling the financial aid office as well. I heard in the 4th year many end up taking additional grad plus loans to cover the additional expenses that year.

I'm looking for off-campus housing.

Would anyone attending Scholl in the fall mind sharing their GPA/ MCAT scores? I am still in the process of applying (getting really late I know!) Also, did all of you have much experience in the field when you were accepted? I have only shadowed one podiatrist.
Thanks!

I got into scholl in January, and applied in early November. I have a 3.84 GPA, and a 29 MCAT. I got a large scholarship am seeking on campus living arrangments. Good luck. I hope to see you around next fall. I only shadowed on podiatrist by the way, and that was enough.