Scholl c/o 2012!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think iceman is what you might call an exceptional applicant though! :)

Members don't see this ad.

28 (30 if you combine the best of my two mcats) 3.65 @ a top ten school. Applied in Jan, int in Feb, acceptance the next day. Most likely deciding to go to scholl over med school. already sent in deposit...

28 (30 if you combine the best of my two mcats) 3.65 @ a top ten school. Applied in Jan, int in Feb, acceptance the next day. Most likely deciding to go to scholl over med school. already sent in deposit...

Could you explain more?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got into my state school for med school. Podiatry just interests me so much more. Less stressful and I am very interested in surgery. Getting into medical school in no way automatically allows me to do surgery. However, getting into podiatry school (more or less) affords me that possibility. I met a student at scholl who got into 2 med schools and chose scholl over those. I also only shadowed one pod and i loved it.

Is anyone still waiting to hear back from Scholl? I interviewed Monday of last week and they said they'd let us know w/in 48 hrs...still no word and nobody answers when I call the office.

I would call the 800 number that they provided.

29O on MCAT
PS:11
VR:7
BS:11

GPA: 3.25

I appllied in December, interviewed in February on a Monday and was accepted on Wednesday. I sent in my deposit yesterday so I'll be attending Scholl in the fall. Hope this helps.

I got into my state school for med school. Podiatry just interests me so much more. Less stressful and I am very interested in surgery. Getting into medical school in no way automatically allows me to do surgery. However, getting into podiatry school (more or less) affords me that possibility. I met a student at scholl who got into 2 med schools and chose scholl over those. I also only shadowed one pod and i loved it.

nice dude. Just remember, it's still very stressful. Exams are weekly, so there is no time to slack, but the experience is barnone. you got a great class joining you!

Does anyone know the day classes start for Fall '08?

I'm not sure about 2008, but I found this online regarding 07. It might give you an idea of when...
http://www.rosalindfranklin.edu/students/orientation/Orientation%20Schedule-SCPM.doc

What's Scholl's daily/weekly class schedule?

Members don't see this ad :)
How many of you are applying for on-campus housing at Scholl? Are they furnished?

How many of you are applying for on-campus housing at Scholl? Are they furnished?

Just put in for a single in the apartments. The place has a microwave, fridge, dish washer, and oven. I believe there are washers/dryers in the complex, along with hookups for them in the actual apartment. Everything else you buy or bring.

I applied for a room in a two bedroom on campus....I'm driving from California so yeah, I'll have to buy furniture once I get there.

Yeah I just applied for a double. I'm coming from Texas so I'm going to need to buy new furniture also.

For those who haven't joined the facebook group for c/o 2012, join because everybody is doing it!! ha. Its called "Scholl Class of 2012". There has to be more than 16 people!!!

The podiatry office I am working at is looking for someone to hire! If you live in the East Bay Area of California, this is a serious opportunity! You will gain experience in back office, learn billing, etc etc.....and get paid :) ! PM me if your interested.

I interviewed at Scholl on Monday, and I found out on Wednesday that I was accepted through my e-mail. This was my first choice school, so I was really excited to hear. I just hope I can still get on campus housing. Is it too late to apply for it?

I interviewed at Scholl on Monday, and I found out on Wednesday that I was accepted through my e-mail. This was my first choice school, so I was really excited to hear. I just hope I can still get on campus housing. Is it too late to apply for it?

You had to have your name down by March 14th I believe to be entered in the housing lottery. You may have to be put on the waiting list after its completed. Also, I recommend calling the student housing department and see what they say.

does ne1 know if the scholl class is full yet?

Not sure exactly, but I interviewed about 3 weeks ago and I was told that there was about 40 seats left. So I would imagine that number has decreased to about 30 or so. If you want to know the exact number contact Mandy Meinhardt she's very helpful.

Welcome to Scholl everyone! I'm going to be an orientation advisor for your class orientation week in August, so if you have any questions about anything to do with Scholl or your journey to North Chicago, feel free to ask anytime! Orientation was probably the funnest week of my life and the class of 2011 is looking forward to sharing that enthusiasm with you!

cheers!

How are the single room apartments at scholl. I got into one but trying to decide whether or not to live there.

Hey Future Pods,

I'm a current student at Scholl, I'm in the 2011 class. I havent been on here since I was accepted I think. School kind of takes over. But if you guys have any questions, feel free to PM me and I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible. (I probably wont check the site often due to exams, so PMing me will actually get my attention by email)

It was good to know a few people (classmates and 2nd years) before getting to school. Some of us SDNers had started a facebook group and even met before orientation for dinner so at orientation we knew some faces, it was a great idea.

Also, I live off-campus, so thats a little diff than majority of the ppl too.

Welcome to Scholl everyone! I'm going to be an orientation advisor for your class orientation week in August, so if you have any questions about anything to do with Scholl or your journey to North Chicago, feel free to ask anytime! Orientation was probably the funnest week of my life and the class of 2011 is looking forward to sharing that enthusiasm with you!

cheers!

Hey MrFeeties, so...I thought you were "tiggles" and just had this long confusing coversation with "tiggles". I havent been on here for so long I forgot everyone's SDN names.

But for you 2012'ers, have fun if you have MrFeeties as your OA, he's very involved with everything (clubs, etc).

hey guys,

The housing contracts are being mailed out this week, so look out for them!

Hey Future Schollies! If you're interested in the music scene, Lollapalooza 2008 is happening Aug. 1-3rd in Grant Park, Chicago. There are some great bands in the lineup, Nine Inch Nails, Kanye West, Radiohead, Rage Against the Machine, and many others. My hubby and I are planning to go, it looks like a blast! One last big party before the work starts...!

Hey I was filling out the housing contract earlier and I'm going to mail it in soon. I was wondering if those who applied for doubles would get room mates that are also Pod Students as opposed to Med Students or PA students or whatever. Not that i have anything against med students or PA students, but I would just prefer to live with a fellow pod.

Does anyone have any recommendations for hiking/biking/running magazines or websites for Illinois/Chicago-area? I've done some searching on the internet, but am finding mostly information on hunting. I hope hunting isn't the only outdoor recreation that I can get info on! I know in Arizona we have the Arizona Highways magazine that has great info on hikes, etc in it, so something along those lines.

Any help or suggestions would be super-appreciated :)

I would type in "chicago hiking" into google. I got a ton of hits.

Bump! Only 11 weeks, 77 days, 1,848 hours until Scholl orientation starts. Sweet!

Hi y'all,

I will be one of your orientation advisors when y'all start this fall. If there are any fellow Texans in the class, the weather in Chicago may come as a surprise. :eek:

Anyway, if y'all have any questions regarding clubs or off-campus housing, I will be happy to answer, just PM me. I am involved in TONS of clubs and activites on campus so i can let give you some good info on the clubs. Just be prepared to work hard this upcoming year. See y'all at orientation :D

Class of 2012,

The Athletics Club is looking for incoming students who want to help organize activities, not just participate (don't worry, you can do both). If you're looking for something extracurricular to stick onto your resume or just plain enjoy everything about sports, then come join us. Want to contribute? Send us a message, and we'll provide the details.

here is a short list of our activities:
flag football, indoor/outdoor soccer, softball, basketball, volleyball, rock climbing, skiing, hockey, ping pong

The Athletics Club