Scholl Class of 2011 GetTogether ideas!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cool_vkb

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well its already 11th and we have hardly 3-4 more weeks to go. I was thinking may be we all should have a GetTogether. My idea is how about Six Flags. Why not build bonds of a new friendship by riding together in those scary roller coasters:laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Well its already 11th and we have hardly 3-4 more weeks to go. I was thinking may be we all should have a GetTogether. My idea is how about Six Flags. Why not build bonds of a new friendship by riding together in those scary roller coasters:laugh:

count me in!!!!:thumbup::thumbup:

uh..no. i have to deal with enough Six Flags trips with my kids. Plus, I don't think anyone can get to know each other scattered all over an amusement park.

anywho, KHep and I were looking at figuring out something. The idea of just going to a restaurant or having a cookout seems more feasible to me. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
uh..no. i have to deal with enough Six Flags trips with my kids. Plus, I don't think anyone can get to know each other scattered all over an amusement park.

anywho, KHep and I were looking at figuring out something. The idea of just going to a restaurant or having a cookout seems more feasible to me. :)

Yeah cookout is also nice. I can bring indian veggie samosas and Chicken kabobs:). but seriously we all should do a GetTogether before our orientation. We can call it "SDN PRE-POD members GetTOgether":)

Yeah cookout is also nice. I can bring indian veggie samosas and Chicken kabobs:). but seriously we all should do a GetTogether before our orientation. We can call it "SDN PRE-POD members GetTOgether":)

sounds good to me! :D

This sounds like an awesome idea, I probably can't make it as I'll be getting into Chicago around the 4th (unless you do it after that). I can't believe it's only a couple weeks away, I'm getting pretty excited/scared to be heading out!

Would anyone be down for planning a restaurant lunch or dinner outing on August 6th? I figure most people will be in town by this time since we have orientation starting the next evening for a short while. I also thought it might be neat to see everyone in person before the "formal orientation" setting. So let me know what you guys think. I figured restaurant might be easier so that we can pick a place somewhat central to most people and it's easy clean up obviously! It's also an excuse to explore the area a bit! :)

Would anyone be down for planning a restaurant lunch or dinner outing on August 6th? I figure most people will be in town by this time since we have orientation starting the next evening for a short while. I also thought it might be neat to see everyone in person before the "formal orientation" setting. So let me know what you guys think. I figured restaurant might be easier so that we can pick a place somewhat central to most people and it's easy clean up obviously! It's also an excuse to explore the area a bit! :)

I'm in! August 6th sounds good. Maybe someone who knows the area well can pick a nice restuarant that everyone can enjoy. I'm not picky! I like the idea of walking into orientation and knowing people to talk to right away.

Cubs are out of town that night so I'm in! I like food!

I would like Italian. There was a good restaurant that we found on our house hunting trip in May. It was on Green Bay, a straight shot down the street from the school. It was really good. i think we ate there about 3 times while in town.

the deep dish pizza was great, the lasagna was great, too. HUGE PORTIONS for the price. We went during a lunch buffet and they had everything...salad, stuffed manicotti, soups, fettucini alfredo, etc.

I will find out the name but that's just my suggestion.

count me in. I'm getting into town on the 4th.

I would like Italian. There was a good restaurant that we found on our house hunting trip in May. It was on Green Bay, a straight shot down the street from the school. It was really good. i think we ate there about 3 times while in town.

the deep dish pizza was great, the lasagna was great, too. HUGE PORTIONS for the price. We went during a lunch buffet and they had everything...salad, stuffed manicotti, soups, fettucini alfredo, etc.

I will find out the name but that's just my suggestion.

That sounds great to me! Do you mind finding out the name? How does this sound to everyone else?

That sounds great to me! Do you mind finding out the name? How does this sound to everyone else?

As long as they serve hot peppers or hot sauce on side (which iam sure all italian restaurants do) i have no problemo. :)

Members don't see this ad :)

the name is Potesta's Pizza

www.potestaspizza.com

I went to the one in Waukegan b/c it was close to my hotel. It's on South GreenBay, like i mentioned down the street from school.

They also have a kiddie menu, too. You just have to ask for it.

the name is Potesta's Pizza

www.potestaspizza.com

I went to the one in Waukegan b/c it was close to my hotel. It's on South GreenBay, like i mentioned down the street from school.

They also have a kiddie menu, too. You just have to ask for it.

Ummmm! the menu looks very awesome. I guess iam gonna give a visit in evening. :)

This looks perfect! Would people prefer lunch or dinner? Once we see which is more popular, I can officially make a post with a set time on the 6th. Do you think we would need to make reservations or anything like that, txlioness? If so, we can try to get a count of people who think they might be there.

This looks perfect! Would people prefer lunch or dinner? Once we see which is more popular, I can officially make a post with a set time on the 6th. Do you think we would need to make reservations or anything like that, txlioness? If so, we can try to get a count of people who think they might be there.

Hey apart from SDN, plzz post this on facebook.com also. I saw there are like 28-30 members of Scholl-2011 class there.

I think Lunch would be nice. Because those of us who are not planning to come by car can also manage to come. Plus after lunch may be we can do other things like shopping ,etc .

I think that once we get a definite count to make the reservation. But, if it gets to be about 7 or more people coming then I think we should make reservations. just so that we don't have to wait.

It already looks like about 6 or so coming so far.

I vote for dinner :)

I'll put a post on facebook. I can also set up an 'event' on facebook as well if people want me to do that. I'm thinking dinner too. I posted on the wall as well as messaged all members.

Hey apart from SDN, plzz post this on facebook.com also. I saw there are like 28-30 members of Scholl-2011 class there.

I think Lunch would be nice. Because those of us who are not planning to come by car can also manage to come. Plus after lunch may be we can do other things like shopping ,etc .

you're gonna need a car to get there. it's not walking distance, meaning a block or two, from school. it's kinda close to Grand Ave. the website has directions to the Waukegan location. you can always shop before you come to dinner as well.

you're gonna need a car to get there. it's not walking distance, meaning a block or two, from school. it's kinda close to Grand Ave. the website has directions to the Waukegan location. you can always shop before you come to dinner as well.

Ooo grand ave. thats like hardly 25 min from my home:D. Dinner is fine for me now. i was thinking its like located in those bad areas of neighborhood thats why i was avoiding evening. Since its close to grand ave i guess its gonna be awesome.

what exactly does that mean?
:laugh:

Hey you guys, Im totally down to meet before orientation. But Im not flying in until August 6th! :D So count me in as an "if possible"... I'd love to meet you all, esp. after all of the 'friendships' that have been built from SDN and Facebook! If I cant make it on the 6th, I'll be meeting you all on the 7th...:thumbup:

I cant believe we're almost there!!!!!!!! :D

I'll put a post on facebook. I can also set up an 'event' on facebook as well if people want me to do that. I'm thinking dinner too. I posted on the wall as well as messaged all members.

That would be great if you could great an event on Facebook. For those on here not on Facebook, we can just include them in the final count. So are we all thinking dinner then? Around 5:30pm or 6pm? Dinner might be better for people such as justincredible who are getting in on the 6th. Just a thought. :)

For those of us without cars, can anyone find if there's a bus line or anything that could get us there? Sry, but I don't know the transportation system of Chicago very well :(

Does anyone else notice that Scholl is ruling on the pre-pod forum? Are we the only ones excited about school? We have quite a few threads dedicated to Scholl specifically.

Does anyone else notice that Scholl is ruling on the pre-pod forum? Are we the only ones excited about school? We have quite a few threads dedicated to Scholl specifically.

oh yeah! Scholl is the essence of this pre-pod forum. all the new posts are made by us:D. 6 months back it was totally opposite. Only DOCLM was very active. Now we have like so many scholl people:).

And i noticed seeing our Facebook Group, DMU people have also made their group. :laugh:

For those of us without cars, can anyone find if there's a bus line or anything that could get us there? Sry, but I don't know the transportation system of Chicago very well :(

If you are coming from Campus i can give you a ride.

I can give you a ride over if you'd like. I'll be in the dorms (building 101). I'm sure my roommate will also be coming if she's able so if you'd like to hitch a ride you're more than welcome. Just PM me with your info (ie. the best way to get a hold of you!)

Thx for the offers for a ride. I'll probably contact one (or both) with some contact info as the meeting date approaches...

About the dinner: I dont have kids/spouse or anything. But those that do, you are bringing them right? I just made an event so we can get a count (on facebook). I just want to make sure that everyone is on the same page. And this way we can also get a more accurate count as well. So let me know if I should post to bring kids/spouse/etc so that it is clear.

About the dinner: I dont have kids/spouse or anything. But those that do, you are bringing them right? I just made an event so we can get a count (on facebook). I just want to make sure that everyone is on the same page. And this way we can also get a more accurate count as well. So let me know if I should post to bring kids/spouse/etc so that it is clear.

Hey so are we gonna do a reservation or just walk in? Bcoz our numbers are increasing.

I think that once we get a definite count to make the reservation. But, if it gets to be about 7 or more people coming then I think we should make reservations. just so that we don't have to wait.

It already looks like about 6 or so coming so far.

I vote for dinner :)

I mentioned that if the number got to about 7 or so, it's best to make reservations, so we don't have to wait and they know to section off an area. Once we get a good count of people coming we can call and let them know.

Im living on campus, so if anyone ever needs a ride, just let me know! send me a pm. I'm all about road trips!

Hey! Count me in for the 6th as well! I would rather not include my husband and children the first time we all get together...it will be easier to get to know everyone (IMO) if we don't include them. I am getting back into town on the 5th, so I am so glad that everyone has decided on the 6th! It's not far away!!!:D

Hey! Count me in for the 6th as well! I would rather not include my husband and children the first time we all get together...it will be easier to get to know everyone (IMO) if we don't include them. I am getting back into town on the 5th, so I am so glad that everyone has decided on the 6th! It's not far away!!!:D

make sure you go on facebook and RSVP. we need to get a count so that we know how many are coming.

From the looks of things on Facebook, so far 12 people have confirmed to attend and 7 maybes. So it is safe to say that we will need to make the reservation shortly.

We will be having dinner, so to ensure we get adequate seating we should try to go around 5:30-6pm to beat the dinner crowd. Being that it will be a Monday, the crowd may not be too bad.

If you plan to bring guests, please post on Facebook so we know to include them.

I don't plan to bring my family only b/c it will be too crazy and my attention will be on my family and not the group.

From the looks of things on Facebook, so far 12 people have confirmed to attend and 7 maybes. So it is safe to say that we will need to make the reservation shortly.

We will be having dinner, so to ensure we get adequate seating we should try to go around 5:30-6pm to beat the dinner crowd. Being that it will be a Monday, the crowd may not be too bad.

If you plan to bring guests, please post on Facebook so we know to include them.

I don't plan to bring my family only b/c it will be too crazy and my attention will be on my family and not the group.

Hey since you have already been to the restaurant. How is the parking situation there. I mean is it street parking or they ahve a parking complex because you know some areas parking becomes a big headache during evening hrs. Can you please find out that.

Hey since you have already been to the restaurant. How is the parking situation there. I mean is it street parking or they ahve a parking complex because you know some areas parking becomes a big headache during evening hrs. Can you please find out that.

No street parking. It's on a main road, S. GreenBay. It's like most restaurants with a parking lot. They have parking right in front or along the side of the restaurant. It like as if you went to any restaurant like Olive Garden or Outback Steakhouse, etc. You get what i mean. No parking meters, etc. It's not downtown Chicago.

Is ANYONE bringing the Mrs/Mr and kid(s)? I suppose I could ditch the fam. for an evening...though I'm all about getting time in with them before medicine becomes my "jealous mistress."

Ben

I'd say the more the merrier. Since I don't have a husband or children, I won't be, but those with a spouse and/or kids are definitely more than welcome I would think. Besides, they might want to meet the people who you'll be seeing for the one half of most days, especially when classes start to pick up! :(