Scholl members: Be careful what you post!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TeamSkene's

SCPM 2009
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Over a year ago I responded to a question on these forums concerning apartments around the Scholl campus. A good friend of mine signed up for an account here and proceeded to take some shots at me. As a continuing joke, we went back and forth at each other, utilizing toilet humor and basically saying anything we wanted. The point here is that the comments were directed at each other and in good fun.
Fast forward to present day. I just found out that a student responsible for monitoring these forums and reporting to our Director of Recruitment brought the content of the previously mentioned thread (that was made a year ago) to the attention of the Director of Recruitment. My concern here is that I was never contacted by any of the concerned parties. Furthermore, possible actions against myself and my friend involving our honor council were discussed. In their defense, I understand we need to maintain a certain level of professionalism on this forum as it is utilized by many pre-podiatry students, but
that fact that what you say on here is being monitored and reported frightens me. I thought the purpose of this forum was to offer up one's opinion in an anonymous fashion. I think I'm most hurt/angered by the fact that fellow students would pull up a post form 1 year ago and go directly to the administration first without ever talking to me. This information has unfortunately led me to conclude that everyone on here should be weary of what they post as it may come back to bite you in the ass(word edited for professionalism) behind.

Members don't see this ad.

Over a year ago I responded to a question on these forums concerning apartments around the Scholl campus. A good friend of mine signed up for an account here and proceeded to take some shots at me. As a continuing joke, we went back and forth at each other, utilizing toilet humor and basically saying anything we wanted. The point here is that the comments were directed at each other and in good fun.
Fast forward to present day. I just found out that a student responsible for monitoring these forums and reporting to our Director of Recruitment brought the content of the previously mentioned thread (that was made a year ago) to the attention of the Director of Recruitment. My concern here is that I was never contacted by any of the concerned parties. Furthermore, possible actions against myself and my friend involving our honor council were discussed. In their defense, I understand we need to maintain a certain level of professionalism on this forum as it is utilized by many pre-podiatry students, but
that fact that what you say on here is being monitored and reported frightens me. I thought the purpose of this forum was to offer up one's opinion in an anonymous fashion. I think I'm most hurt/angered by the fact that fellow students would pull up a post form 1 year ago and go directly to the administration first without ever talking to me. This information has unfortunately led me to conclude that everyone on here should be weary of what they post as it may come back to bite you in the ass(word edited for professionalism) behind.

So whats gonna happen to you. i mean are they gonna suspend you or is it just a warning?

I do not think anything will happen. I'm just upset how the whole thing has been handled.

Members don't see this ad :)
The last I heard, this place was a public forum for us to express our opinions and discuss podiatry. Scholl’s recruitment department has no business trying to moderate anything that goes on here, as it is not their forum and it is the job of the SDN moderators to take care of goings on around here. If recruitment wants to send in some puppets to paint images of any school being the happiest and most perfect place on earth, that’s fine. The problem is when people who have no role in the forums want to take issues from being opinions on a public forum to the level of professional issues at a school. I’m fairly positive that my first amendment rights have not been revoked and that if there was any ‘action’ attempted by a party outside of the forums, I could have a lawyer clear things up pretty quickly. It would be one thing if someone was to make threats or harass someone on here, but expressing an opinion is just that: an opinion.

I should also add that it is my opinion that Team Skene’s enjoys stuffing squirrels down his pants.

I think that this is good advice. I've previously stated that things put out on the internet are fair game to come back and bite your butt. Anyone can read it and anyone can make assumptions about your character. Heck if nothing else you might just make an upperclassmen angry and when clerkships come around they make you look bad at a program.

I think everyone has been good recently; so lets just keep it up. Sorry to hear you had to go through a bunch of pooh.

What's abusrd is your fellow classmates would try to sabotage you that way. Is competition really that bad at Scholl?

How could they ever even figure out that the screen name is you?

How could they ever even figure out that the screen name is you?

I guess it's fairly obvious who you are when you post about living in an area that NOBODY in class lives or would even want to live. People have a way of knowing everything about everyone in our class.

How am I just now seeing this thread? I do remember you two. Your friends screen name could have been better though, analbeads I think it was. In any event, unless you admit it, I dont see how anyone could prove that it was you.