Scholl Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Deleonrg

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any scholl students available for questions?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I just received an interview invite today. What was the day like? Casual? Strict. I'm excited to see the campus

Deleonrg - When I interviewed it was fairly informal. The interviewers were 2 profs. Be prepared to discuss why podiatry, why Scholl, any questionable items on your transcripts/mcats score, and your follows.

Ankle Breaker, MBA2DPM, darkandtwisty - I'm trying to get a feel for the cost of living in N. Chicago. I would be moving with my husband and our dog, so student housing would not be an option. My husband would be commuting to Chicago for work.
1. Can you provide any insight as to neighborhoods suitable for outdoorsy early 30-somethings w/ maybe a little downtown area where parks/restaurants/pubs are walkable?
2. Can you refer any apt complexes with good reputations in these areas?
3. What are utilites running p/month in N. Chicago (electic, gas, cable/internet)?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Well I just received an interview invite today. What was the day like? Casual? Strict. I'm excited to see the campus
I also got an invite to interview at Scholl today! Which day are you going?

I have an interview at Des Moines this Friday and I hear Scholl's interview is more informal than DMU. I would welcome any tips that people have!

I interviewed on 2/26 and it seemed pretty laid back. I really enjoyed it.

Idk when I interview either the 18th or April 4. Dmu the 29th. I'm worried about my mcat and getting conditional accepted idk what to say that wont make me sound lazy or unable to handle a lot of info at once. I got a 19. Any ideas?

I'd also like info on what areas to live, cost to get a general idea. Is n chicago rural or city living?

I will be interviewing March 28th!

Did something happen around the time of your MCAT that may have been why it is low?I would be honest. If you were stressed I would tell them that. That is a pretty personal answer because it depends on the person. (idk what your gpa is).

Also, Scholl is in a more rural area but you can get to the city by a 40 min. car or train ride.

What's the area like around RFU and Waukegan in general? Safe?

That's great to hear I was worried it would be downtown and I didn't want to do the commute thing

I was wondering if any Scholl students could give advice on housing. Is living in the student housing recommended? What are some off campus apartments that are available/you would recommend?

The Woodlands of Green Bay (on Green Bay Rd.) are right next door to the school. It is a very popular option among many RFUMS students.

Hi guys! I have an interview coming up at Scholl. Can someone please tell me about the hotel they stayed in, mode of transportation from ORD to the hotel and then from the school to ORD? Its my first time going to Chicago and I really don't want to get lost.

Hi guys! I have an interview coming up at Scholl. Can someone please tell me about the hotel they stayed in, mode of transportation from ORD to the hotel and then from the school to ORD? Its my first time going to Chicago and I really don't want to get lost.

I rented a car and stayed at a Ramada up the road I believe. That way I could see the area and didn't have to drop the $$ on a cab up there. That being said, it ended up being much more expensive than I would have liked, but it's an investment.

Same as above, I stayed at the Ramada, had dinner there and a (very generous) complimentary breakfast, took a complimentary shuttle that took me to RFU, then I shared a taxi with another interviewee on the way back. Including airfare, I believe I spent just under $500 for the Scholl interview.