Scholl VS AZPOD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ohhiwassup

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Surprise to see this hasn't been done before.

Currently trying to decide between these two and having a very difficult time. Any input will be appreciated!

AZ vs. Scholl
100% board pass and residency match rates vs. ~95%
small class size (30) vs. larger (90-100 students)
mostly mormon ( I am south asian woman) vs. VERY diverse student body
not research oriented vs. many research opportunities
Super hot vs. super cold
Cheaper living/ expensive tuition vs. the opposite
A+/- grading system vs. A/B/C

Newer vs. old (Does this give one a better reputation i.e. makes it easier to find jobs/ get residencies?)
# of clerkships/ externships?? Their location (What should I be looking for here?)

Members don't see this ad.

Circle the things you like on that list. The school with the most circles wins!!

Reactions: 3 users
I got interviews at both but cancelled my Scholl interview after I went to AZPOD. Honestly it was just a really nice experience--especially the people. The students, faculty, and especially Dr. Paige were all very amicable and it seems like they put a lot of care and attention into getting the students well prepared for boards and residencies--as evidenced by their pass rates. Scholarships are an important consideration though and AZPOD won't offer much if any (I had a high GPA and 502 MCAT and didn't get a scholarship....I don't think anyone does?). If the AZPOD cons you mentioned (slightly higher tuition, less diverse student body) are really important to you then Scholl might be your best bet. Otherwise, in my opinion, AZPOD takes the cake.