School comparison: DMU,WVSOM, PCOM, UNECOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TiramisuLover99

Reaction score
Hi friends. I'm wondering if anyone has any info on how these schools might compare to one another and how one might go about selecting from them:

DMU
WVSOM
PCOM
UNECOM

Members don't see this ad.

A good start would be forming a pros and cons list for each school

Reactions: 3 users
And whether you are accepted and have put down a deposit, or are wait-listed at the schools.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I think PCOM Philly is the best DO school. The reason being that they have their own residencies for several specialties and are very well established. If not the Philly campus tho then I would say DMU is the best out of the list due also being very well established.

All are great schools, congratulations! I think each of these schools will get you where you need to go. May come down to location, price, and preclinical curriculum. Each school matches well and is established.

PCOM Philly any day of the week. Unless big scholarship from others.

Reactions: 1 users
If you like big cities with a lot going on, you can't beat Philly. I visited Des Moines last year and it wasn't bad, just on the smaller side compared to Philly. WV and Maine are pretty rural locations, but if you like nature those are good locations to live in. Maine probably has the worst winters out of all the schools. In terms of prestige it's probably PCOM, DMU, UNECOM and the WVSOM.

I'd look at match lists. I know UNECOM had several Ortho Surg, Vascular Surg, and impressive Anesthesia matches (Stanford & Dartmouth) this year.

I'd look at match lists. I know UNECOM had several Ortho Surg, Vascular Surg, and impressive Anesthesia matches (Stanford & Dartmouth) this year.
Do you know where you can find the match list (actual hospitals) I couldn’t find it on their website