school comparison

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

agup

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there a good comparison between programs of Michigan, UTHSCSA and Colorado?
Would be interested to hear anyones thoughts on which is better and why?

Members don't see this ad.

I don’t know about Michigan and Colorado but man I really loved UTHSCSA, I got an interview with them in September and the school seems amazing, the program Director was really nice, and the students seems pretty happy with the program.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don’t know about Michigan and Colorado but man I really loved UTHSCSA, I got an interview with them in September and the school seems amazing, the program Director was really nice, and the students seems pretty happy with the program.
Thanks. Which one would you choose if not for UTHSCSA?

Thanks. Which one would you choose if not for UTHSCSA?

I can’t comment about the other 2 because I really don’t know much about them, doing a quick look on google it says Michigan is the better ranked school, but I don’t really care about school names, I care more about how good of a professional I’m going to be once I graduate, because when you’re alone in the office the school name is not going to help you solve the difficult cases, with that being said I think UTHSCSA can help me become that professional.

What if they're pretty equal in cost?
Then go to the one with the best reputation in case you want to specialize. In this case Michigan has the best reputation I'd say, but they are all good schools, so the difference won't be much. Another thing to consider is that if you just want to be a GP you would want to go to the school with the least number of specialty programs because you will be able to do the work of those specialties they do not have. ie. if there is an endodontics specialty program, you will likely have to pass your endo cases to the specialty clinics and not get a good experience in endo. This is very typical.

I can’t comment about the other 2 because I really don’t know much about them, doing a quick look on google it says Michigan is the better ranked school, but I don’t really care about school names, I care more about how good of a professional I’m going to be once I graduate, because when you’re alone in the office the school name is not going to help you solve the difficult cases, with that being said I think UTHSCSA can help me become that professional.
makes sense. Thanks!