Jul 24, 2009
Status
  1. Pharmacy Student
I don't know if these types of questions are what this forum is for, but I need some advice.

I'm currently enrolled in a year-round weekend program which is attractive due to the flexibility of the schedule (i would have more free time or freedom to work while taking classes). I have also recently been taken off the wait list and offered a spot at The Ohio State University.

Is the prestige/networking/hospital affiliation/impressive faculty worth ditching the convenience of the other program? The one now ends a bit quicker too, but I may feel better about myself going to the tougher school. I need to make this decision very quickly. Your thoughts?
thanks.

aboveliquidice

No sacrifice - No victory
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
San Antonio, TX
Status
  1. Pharmacist
Depends. If you plan on working for a chain retail or owning your own pharmacy - no, the school you attend does not matter at all.

If you will be competing for residencies - than it is possible that going to a more prestigious school will have intangible benefits.

Note the use of the word intangible - it is very difficult to tell what benefit going to a particular school will be, much less what effect it will have.

I go to one of the many new schools. The future will be based more on attitude and determination than the school I attended - at least for me it will.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads