School Enrollment Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

loungebunny

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Quick question...

I enrolled at one institution briefly (<24hours), and decided to go to other institution, so I "withdrew" from that institution completely BEFORE the withdrawl deadline.

So in this case, I wouldn't need a transcript from this institution, right?

Just getting so paranoid right now....

Members don't see this ad.

Did you take a class from this school and receive credits? It sounds like you didn't and thus wouldn't need a transcript from there.

Here is what the AAMC website says:

Transcripts: One official transcript is required from each U.S., U.S. Territorial, or Canadian post-secondary institution at which you have attempted course work, regardless of whether credit was earned

Since it says where you have attempted course work, I think you don't need to worry because you didn't attempt any course work at the school. Of course, if your really worried you can always call AMCAS and ask.

Here is what the AAMC website says:

Transcripts: One official transcript is required from each U.S., U.S. Territorial, or Canadian post-secondary institution at which you have attempted course work, regardless of whether credit was earned

Since it says where you have attempted course work, I think you don't need to worry because you didn't attempt any course work at the school. Of course, if your really worried you can always call AMCAS and ask.

Awesome. I was just looking at this section:

If you withdrew entirely from a school before completing courses for a specific term, you must still list each course for which you were registered that term with Withdrawal as the Special Course Type.

and this:
A course entry should not be made if the course was dropped within the normal drop/add period.

so I was getting confused. Thanks!

Did you take a class from this school and receive credits? It sounds like you didn't and thus wouldn't need a transcript from there.

:thumbup: one less thing to worry about