School List- 3.75cGPA, 3.5 sGPA, 522

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jgmm

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
The lack of clinical experience is a very big hole in your application. You could probably use more non-clinical volunteering too, how many hours have you worked as a tutor?

Members don't see this ad :)
The lack of clinical experience is a very big hole in your application. You could probably use more non-clinical volunteering too, how many hours have you worked as a tutor?

80 hours working with kids, but that doesn't include time I've spent organizing and participating in events for that volunteer org. About 200 hours in total.

The month right after graduation I will do clinical volunteering before starting a research internship for the summer. Are there any other clinical experiences you recommend besides continuing to volunteer and shadow?

80 hours working with kids, but that doesn't include time I've spent organizing and participating in events for that volunteer org. About 200 hours in total.

The month right after graduation I will do clinical volunteering before starting a research internship for the summer. Are there any other clinical experiences you recommend besides continuing to volunteer and shadow?
Service to others less fortunate than yourself.

Reactions: 1 user
You have a good list and should receive several interviews. You could add Hofstra, NYU and Columbia.
Thanks! I'll probably add two of those and apply to slightly more schools than I originally planned on.
Do you think my clinical experience (or lack thereof) is a liability? As I said above I plan on volunteering at a hospital regularly the month before my summer internship starts and then continuing to do so intermittently throughout my gap year.

You have a good list and should receive several interviews. You could add Hofstra, NYU and Columbia.
Thank you for the help. I just have one last question. Is it worth applying to Yale? They're stats seem comparable to Columbia and Northwestern so I figured that if I have a chance at one of them I have a chance at any of them. I know it's certainly a reach, but do I have a small probability of getting an interview or is it just a wasted app?

@Faha @Goro
I apologize for asking for more help with the list but I want to make sure some final changes I've made are wise. I think I will remove SUNY Upstate, Buffalo, and UVM and add Pitt and McGill. Below would be the resulting list:

Albany Medical College
Wake Forest
George Washington
Tufts
UNC Chapel Hill
Georgetown
Thomas Jefferson University
SUNY Downstate
University of Rochester
Stony Brook
Dartmouth
Brown
Emory
Mayo Clinic
Albert Einstein
McGill
Boston University
Case Western
Duke
Mount Sinai
Northwestern
Cornell
Columbia
NYU
University of Pittsburgh
Yale

Please comment with any thoughts/suggestions! Thank you!

@Faha @Goro
I apologize for asking for more help with the list but I want to make sure some final changes I've made are wise. I think I will remove SUNY Upstate, Buffalo, and UVM and add Pitt and McGill. Below would be the resulting list:

Albany Medical College
Wake Forest
George Washington
Tufts
UNC Chapel Hill
Georgetown
Thomas Jefferson University
SUNY Downstate
University of Rochester
Stony Brook
Dartmouth
Brown
Emory
Mayo Clinic
Albert Einstein
McGill
Boston University
Case Western
Duke
Mount Sinai
Northwestern
Cornell
Columbia
NYU
University of Pittsburgh
Yale

Please comment with any thoughts/suggestions! Thank you!

It looks good. Now start pre writing those secondaries so they dont pile up

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

U can add more top tier schools.
Wash U
U Chicago
U Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.