School List For Lower Than Average GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

adrian710

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
cGPA around 3.2, sGPA around 3.0 (exact figures not done bc have not calculated through AACOMAS yet)

No MCAT

Bearing in my mind, I study hard for the MCAT and do pretty well... what would a school list be that would accept my GPA?

I know a year of GPA repair at my CC is probably in order but I want to apply this cycle for the heck of it, at least to some schools. I only want to apply to the lower schools however and next cycle I will look for schools more in the middle tier.

I am an MSU resident and will def be applying to MSUCOM but what else?!?!

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly, from what i've read on SDN forums and found researching through DO school statistics, a 3.3 would make you much more competitive with an average MCAT score for DO schools. That being said i'm sure the averages range from 2.8-3.8 so you never know until you apply. MSUCOM might take you but i'd apply to a bunch just to keep your options open

Reactions: 1 user
I expect you will have a difficult time with MSUCOM, as the most recent averages were just below ~3.6/~29. However, you may have a chance if you do well on the MCAT (32+). I had a relatively low GPA/very good MCAT and got in pretty early in the season. It doesn't hurt to apply since admissions does have to heavily favor in-state applicants!

So basically, I think your school list will depend a lot on your MCAT.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I expect you will have a difficult time with MSUCOM, as the most recent averages were just below ~3.6/~29. However, you may have a chance if you do well on the MCAT (32+). I had a relatively low GPA/very good MCAT and got in pretty early in the season. It doesn't hurt to apply since admissions does have to heavily favor in-state applicants!

So basically, I think your school list will depend a lot on your MCAT.
Are you at MSUCOM?

The 3.0 sGPA kind of hinders your chances. Can you retake any classes?

The 3.0 sGPA kind of hinders your chances. Can you retake any classes?
I will in Fall for sure. Probably 3-5 classes that I scored 2.0 - 2.5's in during my freshmen/sophomore year. But that sort of puts me out of running for this cycle. I want to apply this cycle to the lowest tier schools (other than MSUCOM) and see if I stand a shot. School list for me?!

Very cool. Quick question, what courses were your pre-reqs for MSUCOM? Was it WRA and IAH courses or what?