MD School list for nontrad 3.72/3.72 MCAT 517

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cotterpin

Gluconeogenesis Evangelion
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's up? Like it says in the subject line, I'm a nontrad. My cGPA is being dragged down by my gpa from art school 10+ years ago. Otherwise, I would have a 3.8+ from a non-grade-inflating Ivy. Neuroscience major. Clinical research, lots of leadership experience, volunteering, great LOR's. I also have a pretty well-rounded, artistic background. Art, music, creative writing, etc. Interesting life story. VA resident with strong ties to New York, trying not to get too far away from the northeast region.

Current school list, which I am hoping to refine:

VCU
EVMS
NYMC
GW
Hofstra
Dartmouth
Einstein
Stony Brook
Georgetown
Temple
Jefferson
Drexel
UVA
Columbia
Sinai
Cornell
NYU

Should I be adding more reaches or more stuff in the middle range?

Members don't see this ad.

In my opinion your school list looks great to me, I would advise to add more schools more in the middle range and add some reaches as well. I am sure you'll get accepted somewhere regardless, your application is wonderful.

@Fyiii20 Thanks! My issue is I'm not really sure which middle range schools to add because I don't want to move too far away. I'm an East Coast person at heart and all of my family and friends are nearby. Maybe Quinnipiac? I need ideas.

Members don't see this ad :)
@Cotterpin No problem! I would suggest these schools then (mostly east coast schools):

Quinnipiac
Johns Hopkins (reach)
Harvard (reach)
Yale (reach)
New York Medical College
Brown University (reach)
Tufts
University of Connecticut
University of Vermont
George Washington University
University of Pennsylvania
Boston University