School List help - 3.72, 36

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

g gnome

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think your GPA is fine…

You might want to add more schools that match or are "below" your scores. A lot of the schools you have on that list (GWU, Gtown, Jefferson, Drexel, BU, NYU) get over-saturated with applicants and it's tough to get in regardless of your grades/MCAT/volunteering.

You could consider adding:
Wake Forest (depending on where you want to be)
Albany (as an alternative to Hofstra - unless you really want to be on Long Island)
SUNYs can be accepting of OOS applicants and at some you can gain state residency after a year.

And maybe (though these are more competitive and perhaps too far from home for you):
UVA
Baylor

Last edited:
I think your GPA is fine…

You might want to add more schools that match or are "below" your scores. A lot of the schools you have on that list (GWU, Gtown, Jefferson, Drexel, BU) get over-saturated with applicants and it's tough to get in regardless of your grades/MCAT/volunteering.

@wannabeMD19 Thanks for your advice, I was kind of thinking the same thing. I agree that my GPA is competitive, what I meant was that I was having trouble deciding on picking schools where my GPA was below the 50th percentile and MCAT was above or on par.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you apply to a wide range of schools (accepting varying scores/GPAs) you should be successful and get in somewhere. Also: it's VERY important to apply early. You have the greatest chance at getting the most interviews if you apply within the first 1-2 weeks possible.

If you apply to a wide range of schools (accepting varying scores/GPAs) you should be successful and get in somewhere. Also: it's VERY important to apply early. You have the greatest chance at getting the most interviews if you apply within the first 1-2 weeks possible.

@wannabeMD19 OK, I appreciate the suggestions! The schools you mentioned seem to be good for my numbers. I am already working on my application, just trying to get the PS on point. I will be applying June 3rd.