School list help! 3.88 cGPA and 514 MCAT, WAMC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

patnic511

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I would replace my name with @Goro haha!

What kind of prestigious award are we talking about for research? University-based? System based? Goldwater/National?

Include Rush, Loyola, Creighton due to your service hours. Was the civic engagement with underrepresented groups?

My concern would be that you are OOS for Baylor and UVA which also have higher median MCAT for OOS groups (519/520)

Also add MCW, Jefferson

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

What kind of prestigious award are we talking about for research? University-based? System based? Goldwater/National?

Include Rush, Loyola, Creighton due to your service hours. Was the civic engagement with underrepresented groups?

My concern would be that you are OOS for Baylor and UVA which also have higher median MCAT for OOS groups (519/520)

Also add MCW, Jefferson
which private schools other than baylor/UVA have higher mcat/gpa requirements for OOS candidtaes ?

Please don't quote this! I'd like to edit out the details after I receive responses.

I submitted my primary for this cycle, and I wanted to get a second opinion on my school list! Let me know any school additions, subs, or deletions that you suggest u org
[/LIST]
FSU
FAU
UF
UM
USF
Nova
UCF
FIU
Emory
Saint Louis
Rochester
Ohio State
Hofstra
Dartmouth
USC Keck
TCU
Cincinnati
EVMS
Iowa
Vermont
Wayne State
Colorado
Virginia Commonwealth
Emory
Hofstra
Wake
Miami
Tulane
Loyola
MCW
Seton Hall
The Philly Triplets
GWU
GTOWN
Mayo (maybe)
Creighton
Tufts
Netter
Albany
NYMC
Above is a better list

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

Also add MCW, Jefferson

Thanks for your reply and for tagging Goro!

The award was university-based so maybe in hindsight, not so amazing lol. It was competitive and made a big deal of at my uni, but I appreciate the perspective!

It's a statewide civic engagement program so we have some diversity. I'd say about 15% of our student pop are underrepresented groups.

Thank you for your help!!