School list help for reaplication (3.85, 514)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Whatisthepoint

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. I received no interviews for my application this year. I was told that my school list likely had something to do with this. My credentials changed very little since applying except for additional research awards and experiences and working as a TA. How should I alter last year's school list? All responses are highly appreciated. Thank you!

1. cGPA 3.84 sGPA 3.80
  2. 514 (129,126,129,130)
  3. Illinois resident
  4. White, Eastern European
  5. University of Illinois
  6. 50 hours volunteering at a free clinic
  7. Research experience and productivity
1,600 hours
- 50 hours for a doctor assessing patterns in step 2 failures
- 50 hours for a doctor compiling data on lack of diversity in drug trials
- 1,500 hours biochemistry research as an undergrad which produced a fellowship, thesis, poster presentation, high achievement in research excellence and special recognition award from the department of cell and developmental biology

8. 100 hours shadowing internal medicine and hematology

9. 100 hours teaching nutrition to elementary schoolers plus loads more experiences being an executive in the organization.

10 .Other extracurricular activities (including athletics, military service, gap year activities, leadership, teaching, etc)
175 hours as an executive in a volunteer organization that teaching nutrition to elementary schoolers. This involved training new members, running individual teaching sessions and treasurer work.
150 hours leadership at a social organization. This might not seem that meaningful but this was of great importance to me so I could go for days about how proud I am of this.
160 hours as a general chemistry TA

11. Relevant honors or awards: previously mentioned research recognitions from the university along with graduating Cum Laude

School list for 2020/21 cycle (22 schools)
- Thomas Jefferson
-UVermont
-UIC
- SIU
-Medical College Of Wisconsin
-Temple
-Creighton
-Penn State
-U Cincinnati
-SLU
-Albert Einstein University
-Wayne State
-Rosalind Franklin
-UW Madison
-Colorado
-Dartmouth
-Rush
-U Pittsburgh
-Western Michigan
-Iowa
-Loyola
-Minnesota

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just the 50 hours volunteering at a free clinic. No employment.
It is your low number of clinical hours that is limiting your chances for interviews. Accumulate another 150 hours of clinical volunteering with patient contact before you apply again. If you are able to do this by July of this year I suggest these schools:
UIC
SIU
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Western Michigan
Oakland Beaumont
TCU-UNT
NOVA MD
Miami
USF Morsani
Wake Forest
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
George Washington
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Penn State
Seton Hall
New York Medical College
Albany
Rochester
Hofstra
Einstein
Vermont
Quinnipiac

Thank you
It is your low number of clinical hours that is limiting your chances for interviews. Accumulate another 150 hours of clinical volunteering with patient contact before you apply again. If you are able to do this by July of this year I suggest these schools:
UIC
SIU
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Western Michigan
Oakland Beaumont
TCU-UNT
NOVA MD
Miami
USF Morsani
Wake Forest
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia
George Washington
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Penn State
Seton Hall
New York Medical College
Albany
Rochester
Hofstra
Einstein
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Thank you! I will most likely have to apply in a year because I don't think I can get another 150 hours :/