School List Help!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AnxiousMia

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Date of submission: Hoping for Mid-June
Undergrad CGPA: 3.07
Undergrad Science GPA:
Master's GPA:
3.429 (Biomedical Sciences with thesis)

DAT score (including AA and all sections):

1st attempt: PAT: 19, QR: 20, RC: 24, Bio:19, GC: 20, Orgo: 16, TS: 18, AA: 20
2nd attempt: PAT: 18, QR: 30, RC: 26, Bio: 22, GC: 20, Orgo: 20, TS: 20, AA: 24
State of Residence: IL

Major: Neuroscience
Reapplicant? Yes

Shadowing Experience: 120+
Volunteering Experience: 350+ Mosque Sunday school and summer camp counselor
Employment: Applying for dental assistant jobs over my gap year.
Research: Lots. Both undergrad and grad
Grad--> dental research and possibly 2 publications in the next couple of months.
Other Extracurriculars: Hours and type; includes athletics, military, leadership, etc.
Relevant Honors or Awards: Honors college in undergrad, Dean's list in undergrad, Outstanding presentation award for my research in grad school.
LOR type and strength: 2 from professors,1 from a dentist, 1 from a dentist/professor on my thesis committee.

School list:

UIC
Midwestern IL
Midwestern AZ
SIU
MOSDOH
Boston
Marquette
NYU
Roseman
Rutgers
Temple
Touro
Tufts
Buffalo
University of Colorado
Western
California Northstate

Members don't see this ad.

List seems okay, sorta all over the place. But given your lower undergrad GPA with a reinvention master's, I'd say it's most likely okay. I would throw out Cal Northstate for the sole purpose of not accepting government loans. In this economy, it's no way near worth it to cripple yourself with private loans at an insanely expensive university. You could swap it with Minnesota since they like IL students.

Get your app in ASAP, what do you plan on saying for manual dexterity? Your PAT score is low.

Good luck this cycle, congrats on the better DAT score!

Reactions: 1 users
If your Muslim identity is important to you, swap out Roseman for UDM and CWRU. And I agree to include Minnesota for that community match. Definitely do some networking and find a student community similar to you. Check out SNDA officers at the schools high on your list.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
List seems okay, sorta all over the place. But given your lower undergrad GPA with a reinvention master's, I'd say it's most likely okay. I would throw out Cal Northstate for the sole purpose of not accepting government loans. In this economy, it's no way near worth it to cripple yourself with private loans at an insanely expensive university. You could swap it with Minnesota since they like IL students.

Get your app in ASAP, what do you plan on saying for manual dexterity? Your PAT score is low.

Good luck this cycle, congrats on the better DAT score!
Thanks! Praying for better luck this cycle as I'm not applying crazy late like last time.

I'm trying to be broad so I don't have to reapply again.
Thanks for the heads up though. I didn't realize that about Northstate. Is that the case for all new schools?

Lab work mainly. I'm not sure if that works for manual dexterity but PAT was the bane of my existence on the DAT.

Reactions: 1 user
If your Muslim identity is important to you, swap out Roseman for UDM and CWRU. And I agree to include Minnesota for that community match. Definitely do some networking and find a student community similar to you. Check out SNDA officers at the schools high on your list.
Thank you! I'll add those to my list and research those schools further as well!

Thanks! Praying for better luck this cycle as I'm not applying crazy late like last time.

I'm trying to be broad so I don't have to reapply again.
Thanks for the heads up though. I didn't realize that about Northstate. Is that the case for all new schools?

Lab work mainly. I'm not sure if that works for manual dexterity but PAT was the bane of my existence on the DAT.
Yeah, better to have the shotgun method here. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Date of submission: Hoping for Mid-June
Undergrad CGPA: 3.07
Undergrad Science GPA: 2.7
Master's GPA: 3.429 (Biomedical Sciences with thesis)

DAT score (including AA and all sections):
1st attempt: PAT: 19, QR: 20, RC: 24, Bio:19, GC: 20, Orgo: 16, TS: 18, AA: 20
2nd attempt: PAT: 18, QR: 30, RC: 26, Bio: 22, GC: 20, Orgo: 20, TS: 20, AA: 24
State of Residence: IL

Major: Neuroscience
Reapplicant? Yes

Shadowing Experience: 120+
Volunteering Experience: 350+ Mosque Sunday school and summer camp counselor
Employment: Applying for dental assistant jobs over my gap year.
Research: Lots. Both undergrad and grad
Grad--> dental research and possibly 2 publications in the next couple of months.
Other Extracurriculars: Hours and type; includes athletics, military, leadership, etc.
Relevant Honors or Awards: Honors college in undergrad, Dean's list in undergrad, Outstanding presentation award for my research in grad school.
LOR type and strength: 2 from professors,1 from a dentist, 1 from a dentist/professor on my thesis committee.

School list:
UIC
Midwestern IL
Midwestern AZ
SIU
MOSDOH
Boston
Marquette
NYU
Roseman
Rutgers
Temple