School List/WAMC: 3.94 cGPA: 3.95 sGPA, 507 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flightzebra

Reaction score
Hi! I recently graduated from undergrad and wanted to know if I have a chance in applying for MD schools. As seen in my stats, I've switched from pre-pharm to pre-med a year ago. I've already submitted my primary before the MCAT score release (not verified yet). If it's a better option, I'm also considering applying for the next cycle instead of this cycle with an improved MCAT score and more clinical experience (especially ~50 hours of shadowing mainly in primary care). Thank you in advance for taking the time to review my post!
  1. cGPA: 3.94, sGPA: 3.95

2. MCAT score: 507 (128/125/125/129)

3. State of residence or country of citizenship (if non-US): CA

4. Ethnicity and/or race: Asian (ORM)

5. Undergraduate institution: UCLA Biochem major

6. Clinical experience (volunteer and non-volunteer): 800+ hours at CVS as Pharm tech, 300+ hours at Veterans Home (Volunteer as Pharm Tech), 50+ hospital volunteer hours

7. Research experience and productivity: 500+ hours

8. Shadowing experience and specialties represented: None

9. Non-clinical volunteering: 300+ hours at a Senior Center (Co-President at student org serving older adults)

10. Other extracurricular activities (including athletics, military service, gap year activities, leadership, teaching, etc): 200+ hours of tutoring, 70 hours of Table Tennis Club Sports), 200+ hours Co-President at public health student org (LA regional Food Bank, Care Package Drives) Social Chair at Pre-pharm society

11. Relevant honors or awards: College Honors

12. Anything else not listed you think might be important
    Moved to the U.S. during junior high, Ran 2 LA marathons in 2020 and 2023 during college
Current School List:
Arizona (Tucson)
California Northstate
Geisinger
George Washington
Howard
Louisville
Loyola
Quinnipiac
Rosalind Franklin
TCU
Toledo