School List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SaintSteezy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've realized that applying to one school EDP next year is not pragmatic and I therefore created a tentative school list for the upcoming year (3.71S, 3.76C): 6 months as a board member for philanthropic campus activity, 6 months of chemistry research, 6 months shadowing a physician, countless hours cleaning labs for the benefit of freshman lab courses, 2 years volunteering at a youth center. In addition, I should have a few months of clinical volunteering and I'm pursuing a leadership position in my honors college.

I've got VERY strong letters from a volunteer coordinator, my PI and a science professor who constantly professed that I was his best student (don't worry, it didn't go to my head). I'm taking my MCAT next summer and my practice scores have fluctuated between 30-35. What else should I be doing?

University of Florida
Florida Atlantic University
University of Central Florida
Florida International University
University of Miami
University of South Florida
Temple University
Icahn
Cornell
NYU
Boston
Maryland
Geffen
Keck
Stanford

Members don't see this ad.

Looks like a good list to me. Suggest replacing UCLA with Duke, and adding Vandy, Wake-Forest, Pitt, Emory and JHU, especially if MCAT is in mid-high 30s.

I've realized that applying to one school EDP next year is not pragmatic and I therefore created a tentative school list for the upcoming year (3.71S, 3.76C): 6 months as a board member for philanthropic campus activity, 6 months of chemistry research, 6 months shadowing a physician, countless hours cleaning labs for the benefit of freshman lab courses, 2 years volunteering at a youth center. In addition, I should have a few months of clinical volunteering and I'm pursuing a leadership position in my honors college.

I've got VERY strong letters from a volunteer coordinator, my PI and a science professor who constantly professed that I was his best student (don't worry, it didn't go to my head). I'm taking my MCAT next summer and my practice scores have fluctuated between 30-35. What else should I be doing?

University of Florida
Florida Atlantic University
University of Central Florida
Florida International University
University of Miami
University of South Florida
Temple University
Icahn
Cornell
NYU
Boston
Maryland
Geffen
Keck
Stanford

Would suggest Jefferson, GWU, Georgetown, UVa, Albany, Rochester (if you don't mind the cold…), Wake Forest, SUNY Downstate or NYMC (if you want to be in the NYC area).

Thanks for the replies!

I definitely find the NYC area ideal (I'm from Florida and I'm sick of heat and humidity) so I'll consider your suggestion wannabeMD19.

Goro: you really think I'd be competitive for JHU?