School psychologist & clinical psychologist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

achaparro

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Is there anyone who is a school psychologist in CA and doing their post doc for licensure as a clinical psychologist? I’d like to know your experience and if there is a way to accrue post doc hours as a school psychologist?

Members don't see this ad.

In general, you can only accrue hours for one license as a time. (Clinical Psych v. Counseling). It gets a little squirrellier with school psych, which offer isn’t licensed...but you still accrue hours towards a certification, designation, or other. Definitely check with the CA licensing board for the final say.

You get licensed as a psychologist. The board in CA makes no distinction about what kind of psychologist you are. The school psych colleagues I know in CA did a variety of postdocs in a variety of settings with a variety of populations. They refer to themselves as licensed psychologists and school psychologists.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Lee,
Thank you for your welcome.
I am a Ph.D. Clinical Psychologist and looking forward to passing the exam for Professional Practice in Psychology (EPPP). I am lacking resources.
Kindly,
Fairness