School selection help! Do or no?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MD only or DO as well?

• MD only

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • MD and DO

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • DO only

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

hayden29

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
delete

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If you don't have any ties to Kentucky I would probably not apply to Louisville, just because they prefer in-state students. You could add St. Louis University!

Reactions: 1 user
The medical mission, if overseas, will be viewed as medical tourism.
I suggest:
Hofstra
Albert Einstein
Rochester
USC/Keck
Mayo
Dartmouth
U VM
Miami
George Washington
Georgetown
SLU
Albany
Rochester
Rush
Rosy Franklin
NYMC
MCW
VCU
EVMS
Wake Forest
Netter
Jefferson
Temple
Drexel
Creighton
Tulane
Loyola
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
Oakland-B
Any DO program. I can't recommend Touro-NY, Nova or LUCOM, for different reasons.
UCD
UCI
UCR IF you're from the Inland Empire

Members don't see this ad :)
I do BJJ too! It was a great talking point at interviews when they asked about stress management. Your app is awesome, good luck!

I do BJJ too! It was a great talking point at interviews when they asked about stress management. Your app is awesome, good luck!

That's good to know, I was worried if it came up they might think of it as weird! How did you explain it to adcoms? I usually just try to say "it's kind of like wrestling.." when asked.

That's good to know, I was worried if it came up they might think of it as weird! How did you explain it to adcoms? I usually just try to say "it's kind of like wrestling.." when asked.
I say it’s fighting but you can’t punch/kick. I also say that in theory, if you’re good at it, it doesn’t matter how large the other person is because it focuses on leverage and mechanical advantage. Or you can just say self defense martial arts.