School Spreadsheet

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedicToMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
A year or so ago, there existed a table in which you could plug your GPA and MCAT score into it and you could see which schools were the best fit for you, based on your stats. Has this table been removed? I can not find it anywhere.

If it has been removed, does anyone have it saved that would be willing to send it to me? I believe it was in an excel or some spreadsheet format.

Thanks for the help and SIAP.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes it has been removed (by request of the AAMC)

its-a-trap1.jpg

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WELvpeYo5m0[/YOUTUBE]

Members don't see this ad :)
Say the magic word and I'll send it to you. Disclaimer: my version is a couple of years out-of-date.
:bow:
I was under the impression that the spreadsheet was some sort of copyright violation of the MSAR... you would have to ask apumic to be sure. He is, after all, the oracle of the spreadsheet.

:bow:
I was under the impression that the spreadsheet was some sort of copyright violation of the MSAR... you would have to ask apumic to be sure. He is, after all, the oracle of the spreadsheet.

That's what they claimed, yes, so I have a policy of not responding to requests for it. That being said, it's not my fault if someone else decides to give it away. We stopped distribution when the AAMC complained. From that point forward, people can take a risk if they so desire but beware that the AAMC apparently dislikes it. I suspect it may have more to do w/ the parts of the sheet that AREN'T AAMC-copyrighted, though, since they didn't complain about the original sheet (i.e., the one that didn't play w/ the MSAR's stats to come up w/ interpretations and recommendations of schools to apply to). They presumably did not see it as a threat when it was nothing but data. It was the utilization of that data that somehow threatened them. (However, they cannot complain about the way the data was used since that part of the program would be copyright mwah, not them, so they have to complain about the MSAR data itself being visible in the application.)

It was graciously bestowed up me. Thank you and that is all!:D

Say the magic word and I'll send it to you. Disclaimer: my version is a couple of years out-of-date.
Mr nick naylor. can you send your fellow sdner the spread sheet

I managed to find one through google searching. The one I found uses a LizzyM score? Is this the infamous one that was banned from SDN?

I managed to find one through google searching. The one I found uses a LizzyM score? Is this the infamous one that was banned from SDN?

Sorta. There are a ton of versions floating around. The Version 2 series are the ones that got banned. They're the progressively more complex ones. The last released version was in an xlsx format.

Sorta. There are a ton of versions floating around. The Version 2 series are the ones that got banned. They're the progressively more complex ones. The last released version was in an xlsx format.

Did Version 2 include ECs in it? The copy I have just utilized overall gpa, science gpa, mcat score, and state.

Did Version 2 include ECs in it? The copy I have just utilized overall gpa, science gpa, mcat score, and state.

Yes, ECs and base acceptance rates to give (very) rough chances for an interview or acceptance. It also featured an app planning page with a graph and text suggestions to help guide initial med school selections.

Yes, ECs and base acceptance rates to give (very) rough chances for an interview or acceptance. It also featured an app planning page with a graph and text suggestions to help guide initial med school selections.

Wow... that puts the version I have to shame. I didn't realize they got that complex.

Members don't see this ad :)
The MSAR doesn't want you stealing their hard earned money. Gathering data is intensely difficult and as a result they have a legal claim to clicking a few buttons in Excel.

Any have the complex version that they'd be willing to send to me? I will PM you my email. Would really appreciate it!!!!!

supposing the spreadsheet is only distributed amongst people who are already paid subscribers to msar? i don't think there can be any legal difficulty there..

supposing the spreadsheet is only distributed amongst people who are already paid subscribers to msar? i don't think there can be any legal difficulty there..

Considering the fact that the AAMC probably doesn't want the headache of trying to enforce your plan... probably won't fly.

The MSAR doesn't want you stealing their hard earned money. Gathering data is intensely difficult and as a result they have a legal claim to clicking a few buttons in Excel.

That's a very valid point. I blame the internet for making such hard-to-collect, valuable information essentially free. :D

Link in my sig will take you to the final version.

Can I have a copy of the excel sheet too. Please!

To reiterate. DO NOT PM ME for the spreadsheet. All PMs concerning the spreadsheet will be deleted without being read and your username will be blocked. I don't give it out. The AAMC has asked that it not be distributed and I have to go along w/ their request. If anyone else wants to give it out, that's their deal. I do not advocate it. Sorry. Good luck, guys.

As for trying to make it legal, we tried various strategies and I get the feeling the AAMC just doesn't want the spreadsheet out there. Sorry.

If anyone still has the sheet, could they possibly send it to me as well please?
Cheers :)

Hey there. Is anyone willing to pm me? I would love a copy of the more complex spreadsheet. Thank you!