School that accept unofficial DAT scores:

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sisero68

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you wondering what schools accept your unofficial DAT scores I called each of the below schools and verified the information with admissions (2011.07.18) Every school that accepts unofficial DAT scores request your AADSAS # is on a cover letter or the score sheet itself. While some also would like your email address.

Unofficial DAT accepted: (include AADSAS # and Email)
Connecticut
To: Admissions
Fax: 860.679.1899

Midwestern - Illinois

Fax: not sure
Email: [email protected]
Note: They give conflicting responses to different people.

Indiana

Fax: 317.278.9066

Kentucky
Fax: 859.257.5550

Creighton
To: Diane Travis
Fax: 402.280.5094

Detroit Mercy
Fax: 313.494.6659

Michigan
Fax: 734.764.1922
Note: Michigan gives conflicting information to different callers.

UMDNJ
Fax: 973.972.0309

Columbia
Fax: 212.305.1034

Oklahoma
Fax: 405.271.3423

Pennsylvania

Fax: 215.573.9648
NOTE: will review but no decision until official DAT arrives.

Pittsburgh
Fax: 412.648.9571

USN
Fax: 801.878.1309

Virginia
Fax: 804.828.5288
NOTE: answering machine talks about faxed DAT, so I assume they accept them.

Marquette
To: Cassie
Fax: 414.288.6505

Unofficial DAT NOT accepted:

• ASDOH
  • Midwestern – Arizona
  • Western
  • UoP
  • USC – start review of applications after school start
  • Louisville
  • Maryland
  • Boston
  • Tufts
  • NYY
  • Buffalo
  • Temple

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
That's very helpful of you! I played it safe a long time ago and just paid to have official scores sent to every school.

Berk,

These are the school that will review your application with a faxed copy of your DAT scores, you received after your test. (instead of waiting 3 weeks for them to receive it through AADSAS) We all want the earliest review possible to increase our chances of an interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the OK to fax in my unofficial scores to

USN (email)
Michigan
Detroit-Mercy
Oklahoma

*I was told that they will ultimately not accept an unofficial score, but will use one to get my application reviewed sooner.

So schools won't be able to see our scores immediately on AADSAS once we take the DAT?

And mailing the official scores to schools from AADSAS takes three weeks?

they say about 2-3 weeks for your DAT to be verified and 1 week after AADSAS receives it before it is sent out with the next batch.

Michigan said they will except an unofficial DAT but my app would still not be reviewed until it came through AADSAS, not sure how that works.

Predentdude,
if you have called any of these schools let me know and i will update my list. i just want to keep this list updated from direct contact only.

That's very helpful of you! I played it safe a long time ago and just paid to have official scores sent to every school.

It would've been completely free if you just checked off the schools when you registered to take the DAT. Otherwise thereafter it's $25 per school. That's a lot of wasteful money that should've been saved. Actually, the smart thing to do is to check off every single school on the list for just in case.

If I didn't check off every school because I did not realize! I added and switched some schools do I need to inform anyone or is it an instant thing that when I E submitted they automatically charged more? I want to make sure everyone gets scores!

If I didn't check off every school because I did not realize! I added and switched some schools do I need to inform anyone or is it an instant thing that when I E submitted they automatically charged more? I want to make sure everyone gets scores!

Your official scores will go to AADSAS and to the schools that you originally indicated when you signed up for the DAT. But if you need to send a score report to a school that you didn't indicate, then you have to make an additional request to the DAT and pay $25 per school (for the new ones).

• ASDOH
  • Midwestern – Arizona
  • Western
  • UoP
  • USC – start review of applications after school starts
  • Midwestern – Illinois
  • Louisville
  • Maryland
  • Boston
  • Tufts
  • Michigan
  • NYY
  • Buffalo
  • Temple
I feel like Midwestern can be a little inconsistent with the answers they give out to students, almost like it depends on who you talk to determines what answer you get.

The only reason i say this, is because I called them (IL campus) asking this VERY same question not hours ago, and was told that email/faxing the score report was fine for initial review, but they still require the official copy before decisions are made.

:cool:

Thank you for the breakdown/information though!

This is greatly helpful! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

UMDNJ:

"Your DAT scores must be released by you through the American Dental Association (ADA) so that we may retrieve your scores. Applicants selected for an interview will be notified via e-mail."

I'm not sure what this means. You said they accept unofficial DAT scores? The ones that we got back after we took the DATs?

Members don't see this ad :)
I called them all and talked to their admissions advisors.... They all were very helpful, very nice people!

invictusx,

These schools will accept unofficial for review, im fairly sure all schools require official scores before an offer of admissions will be made.

invictusx,

These schools will accept unofficial for review, im fairly sure all schools require official scores before an offer of admissions will be made.

is midwestern IL a new school?

For those of you wondering what schools accept your unofficial DAT scores I called each of the below schools and verified the information with admissions (2011.07.18) Every school that accepts unofficial DAT scores request your AADSAS # is on a cover letter or the score sheet itself. While some also would like your email address.

Unofficial DAT accepted: (include AADSAS # and Email)
Midwestern - Illinois
Fax: not sure
Email: [email protected]
Note: They give conflicting responses to different people.

Indiana

Fax: 317.278.9066

Creighton
To: Diane Travis
Fax: 402.280.5094

Detroit Mercy
Fax: 313.494.6659

Michigan
Fax: 734.764.1922
Note: Michigan gives conflicting information to different callers.

UMDNJ
Fax: 973.972.0309

Columbia
Fax: 212.305.1034

Oklahoma
Fax: 405.271.3423

Pennsylvania

Fax: 215.573.9648
NOTE: will review but no decision until official DAT arrives.

Pittsburgh
Fax: 412.648.9571

USN
Fax: 801.878.1309

Virginia
Fax: 804.828.5288
NOTE: answering machine talks about faxed DAT, so I assume they accept them.

Marquette
To: Cassie
Fax: 414.288.6505

• ASDOH
  • Midwestern – Arizona
  • Western
  • UoP
  • USC – start review of applications after school start
  • Louisville
  • Maryland
  • Boston
  • Tufts
  • NYY
  • Buffalo
  • Temple

Thank you so much! This is extremely helpful I was trying to make my own little sheet of which schools would accept fax copies/emails but they've been slow at responding!!

Thanks!! :D

So schools won't be able to see our scores immediately on AADSAS once we take the DAT?

And mailing the official scores to schools from AADSAS takes three weeks?

Yes unfortunately =(

That's why it's nice when schools accept the unofficial copy in the meantime to get the ball rolling, but most schools have a rule to wait for the official copy to be mailed in!

I called them all and talked to their admissions advisors.... They all were very helpful, very nice people!

Only school I'm confused about is NYU...I got their email confirming they've received my AADSAS application and in the email it states:

"DAT retakes: Please notify us of the expected retake date via email ([email protected] ). When you receive the unofficial scoresheet for the retake, please forward it as an attachment to us via email. PDF format is preferred."

Only school I'm confused about is NYU...I got their email confirming they've received my AADSAS application and in the email it states:

"DAT retakes: Please notify us of the expected retake date via email ([email protected] ). When you receive the unofficial scoresheet for the retake, please forward it as an attachment to us via email. PDF format is preferred."

nj do we know what the stats are for incoming midwestern IL students? like will there be a lot of OOS seats (im not sure if its a private university or not?)

NJDental,
I am not sure if this applies to retakes only for NYU, so i am just going with what i was told when i called the university.

add Connecticut to the list of schools that consider faxed in DAT scores

When you guys say unofficial scores, are you referring to faxed copies of your DAT scoresheet from the test center so that you don't have to wait on AADSAS?

I applied to Maryland, and have not heard from them saying that I need to have the ADA send them anything. I was under the impression AADSAS scores were "official" since they are pulled straight from the ADA with your Dentpin

When you guys say unofficial scores, are you referring to faxed copies of your DAT scoresheet from the test center so that you don't have to wait on AADSAS?

I applied to Maryland, and have not heard from them saying that I need to have the ADA send them anything. I was under the impression AADSAS scores were "official" since they are pulled straight from the ADA with your Dentpin

Yes, unofficial scores refers to a faxed/emailed copy of the scoresheet from the test center.

AADSAS scores are official it just takes a few weeks for the schools to get them from your test date (assuming you took the DAT after applying to schools)

Yes, unofficial scores refers to a faxed/emailed copy of the scoresheet from the test center.

AADSAS scores are official it just takes a few weeks for the schools to get them from your test date (assuming you took the DAT after applying to schools)

hey sisero do you know of anyone that went to midwestern il or anyone that applied there last year and got in?

Wired:

You're asking all these questions about Midwestern, yet you're asking everyone else who didn't even talk about midwestern in their posts
.... I DID!! :p:rolleyes:

--honest mistake i'm sure. :rolleyes::p;)

OOS acceptances stats are probably unavilable at the time, just because their first class hasn't started yet. But i'd guess it probably is a fair number, given theyre a private school.
they list 2.75 as a gpa to get in, but based on the number of kids who i know got in and are attending, their stats are much more relative to basically all the other schools in terms of competiveness to get in.
DAT: similar situation

hope that helps, even though you werent looking for the info from me lol
:):thumbup:

Appreciate it.

Wired:

You're asking all these questions about Midwestern, yet you're asking everyone else who didn't even talk about midwestern in their posts
.... I DID!! :p:rolleyes:

--honest mistake i'm sure. :rolleyes::p;)

OOS acceptances stats are probably unavilable at the time, just because their first class hasn't started yet. But i'd guess it probably is a fair number, given theyre a private school.
they list 2.75 as a gpa to get in, but based on the number of kids who i know got in and are attending, their stats are much more relative to basically all the other schools in terms of competiveness to get in.
DAT: similar situation

hope that helps, even though you werent looking for the info from me lol
:):thumbup:

thanks DDS!!

Has anyone faxed their scores to Pittsburgh?

bump for this thread.

Kentucky took my scores over the phone and immediately moved my application into review. LECOM and Roseman both took a scanned, emailed copy of my unofficial score sheet and then sent my application in for immediate review. Got an interview from LECOM the very next day. VCU and UNC both accepted a faxed copy of my scores.

Kentucky took my scores over the phone and immediately moved my application into review. LECOM and Roseman both took a scanned, emailed copy of my unofficial score sheet and then sent my application in for immediate review. Got an interview from LECOM the very next day. VCU and UNC both accepted a faxed copy of my scores.

wow you have killer scores. how come you applied to newer schools like LECOM and Roseman?

wow you have killer scores. how come you applied to newer schools like LECOM and Roseman?

this is my third time applying and my previous scores weren't that impressive. so i wanted to be guaranteed of at least one acceptance this time around. plus, i'm sure they will be great schools in the coming years.

this is my third time applying and my previous scores weren't that impressive. so i wanted to be guaranteed of at least one acceptance this time around. plus, i'm sure they will be great schools in the coming years.

oh ok makes sense! good luck!

I know that this is vey old thread, but could this list be updted by people who contacted schools this cycle regarding sending an unoffiial DAT scores. Thanks

Sorry to bring this old thread back, but I would also like to say that UoP DOES accept unofficial DAT score reports. Just sent mine today, and then shortly received an email saying that my application was complete and that it would begin the reviewing process shortly!

Reactions: 1 user