Schools in the US that take direct entry after high school

doctor med13

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I been recently thinking of applying to med schools in the US (specifically Arizona or other places), and I have heard that some of them directly take students who are in high school based on their sat scores. Is that true? Do they all require four years of undergrad before being eligible? Are their other schools in North America who do take students directly from high school or less that four years of undergrad?

Members don't see this ad.

Nobody goes High school -> MD. You're talking about combined degree programs (BS/MD programs) in which you are simultaneously accepted to both a college and its medical school; you are guaranteed a seat in the med school this way but must still complete your bachelors degree.

Some of these programs are 7 year programs though, while the normal amount of time is 8 years (you do your undergrad in 3 years instead of 4). So you can shave off a year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Do BS/MD programs even take international students? @efle @md-2020

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Do BS/MD programs even take international students? @efle @md-2020
I would assume that BS/MD guidelines on international applicants would be the same as that of their parent medical school. So yeah, probably not many opportunities for foreign students.

Anecdotally, I have personally also never met/heard of an international getting into BS/MD.

The University of Missouri - Kansas City School of Medicine offers a 6-Year BA/MD program right out of high school that is year round. However the application deadline for the 2015 season is done now.