Schools list according to stats and interests?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Zephania317

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello All,

I now have my MCAT score, and I am ready to make a schools list to submit for the 2018 cycle. I would greatly appreciate any ideas how to make the best use of MSAR or other resources to create a list. Thank you.

GPA: 4.0
MCAT: 516 (129/129/128/130)
MI resident, interest in global health
 
Hello All,

I now have my MCAT score, and I am ready to make a schools list to submit for the 2018 cycle. I would greatly appreciate any ideas how to make the best use of MSAR or other resources to create a list. Thank you.

GPA: 4.0
MCAT: 516 (129/129/128/130)
MI resident, interest in global health

I would start with Michigan, MSUCHM, Wayne, OUWB, Central Michigan, and Western Michigan. From there, just look at areas you'd like to go to and see if you match the schools mission on MSAR. Your GPA and MCAT aren't really going to close many (if any) doors for you.
 
Hello All,

I now have my MCAT score, and I am ready to make a schools list to submit for the 2018 cycle. I would greatly appreciate any ideas how to make the best use of MSAR or other resources to create a list. Thank you.

GPA: 4.0
MCAT: 516 (129/129/128/130)
MI resident, interest in global health

Fantastic! It looks like you'll have a lot of options. You seem to be within 2 points of the median MCAT scores for many top-tier schools and your GPA can't be beat. I'd like to hear advice from others on the few schools like WashU where the MCAT median is something like a 521.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In addition to all your state schools, I'd consider Cincy, Pitt, OSU, Rochester, Mayo, SLU, Toledo, maybe some of the Philly schools. Your chances are highest at MI schools.
 
In addition to all your state schools, I'd consider Cincy, Pitt, OSU, Rochester, Mayo, SLU, Toledo, maybe some of the Philly schools. Your chances are highest at MI schools.
Right, highest chances are in state. So, although schools like Boston Med and UC SF are on target with my stats, should I stay away from them because they are out of state? Shoot for out of state schools with lower stats? Thanks again.