Schools Requiring an "Acceptable GPA" for Matriculation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

staxxington

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What exactly constitutes an "acceptable final semester GPA"?


In most cases I'm assuming once your accepted, they won't pull an acceptance unless you completely slack off and your GPA goes down substantially.


My grades are pretty normal to where they have been, but I'm just curious
 
In my acceptance it mentioned nothing below a "B". I am definitely having to put a large amount of effort in this last semester in a Biology class that is kicking my butt. I have heard other people say all they need is C's for different schools. I would imagine nothing to drop your GPA below what it was when you were admitted.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In my acceptance it mentioned nothing below a "B". I am definitely having to put a large amount of effort in this last semester in a Biology class that is kicking my butt. I have heard other people say all they need is C's for different schools. I would imagine nothing to drop your GPA below what it was when you were admitted.

That's my problem, they didn't specify anything but only said an "acceptable GPA determined by the Physical Therapy program".
 
I've never heard of a requirement like this. Whatever you do, get a B in this last Biology course and you should be fine. Every program I applied to required me to simply complete the course, whether it was a C or an A. If you need an "acceptable GPA" however, then you must apply maximal effort. Have you contacted the school directly?

Kevin
 
I've never heard of a requirement like this. Whatever you do, get a B in this last Biology course and you should be fine. Every program I applied to required me to simply complete the course, whether it was a C or an A. If you need an "acceptable GPA" however, then you must apply maximal effort. Have you contacted the school directly?

Kevin

No I haven't. I feel like that is a really awkward question to ask them.