Schools that accept >3 year old MCATs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheTruckGuy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an old MCAT score that will be too old for most AMCAS schools by just a few months. I've contacted a few and they all said no dice on a waiver. Luckily I live in Texas, and they accept up to 5 year old MCATs, so I've got a pool of 9 schools to apply to. My undergrad GPA wasn't so hot, so I was thinking about expanding my application pool a bit if possible.

I'm also searching through the DO schools for ones that'll accept it.

Thanks for any help.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
so you took your mcat in 2008 and are applying this cycle?

well, regardless, i took the mcat in 2010, and made a list of schools i can apply to next cycle and the cycle after that if i am unlucky. not sure which month you took your mcat, but the schools listed have latest MCAT dates accepted sometime in 2009 or ≤2008 (i.e. september 2008 is better than april 2008 in many cases..)

university of south alabama
university of arizona
stanford
UC-davis
UC-irvine
university of connecticut
yale
USF
emory
mercer
loyola
northwestern
u chicago
indiana
iowa
LSU (NO and shreveport)
tulane
johns hopkins
maryland
boston university
harvard
tufts
mass
MSU
oakland u
wayne st
u of m:thumbdown:
miss
slu
missouri columbia
missouri- KC
wash U
nevada
new jersey (RWJMS)
NM
albany
albert einstein
suny upsate
stony brook
buffalo
rochester
cornell
ECU
duke
UNC
wake forest
ND
case
tOSU
wright st
oklahoma
jefferson
penn
pitt
brown
USC
tennessee

vandy
texas….
vermont
virginia tech
wisconsin

Last edited:
so you took your mcat in 2008 and are applying this cycle?

August 2009. I applied once before. Didn't work out as well I had hoped.

And that list is awesome, thank you very much. Glad I bumped this.

well, regardless, i took the mcat in 2010, and made a list of schools i can apply to next cycle and the cycle after that if i am unlucky. not sure which month you took your mcat, but the schools listed have latest MCAT dates accepted sometime in 2009 or 2008 (i.e. september 2008 is better than april 2008 in many cases..)

university of south alabama
university of arizona
stanford
UC-davis
UC-irvine
university of connecticut
yale
USF
emory
mercer
loyola
northwestern
u chicago
indiana
iowa
LSU (NO and shreveport)
tulane
johns hopkins
maryland
boston university
harvard
tufts
mass
MSU
oakland u
wayne st
u of m:thumbdown:
miss
slu
missouri columbia
missouri- KC
wash U
nevada
new jersey (RWJMS)
NM
albany
albert einstein
suny upsate
stony brook
buffalo
rochester
cornell
ECU
duke
UNC
wake forest
ND
case
tOSU
wright st
oklahoma
jefferson
penn
pitt
brown
USC
tennessee

vandy
texas….
vermont
virginia tech
wisconsin

Just wondering, but where did you get this data? You have my school listed but I am unsure if they'll take an MCAT taken in 2009....

I used last years MSAR (I bought the online MSAR this year, but the site navigation is frankly complete s*** IMO so I don't use it unless I have to...), so I guess the data isn't 100% up to date but I think it should be close. [Of course, I added a year to the accepted dates..]

And as far as accuracy, I didn't proofread/double check each entry, so there might be a couple on there that aren't supposed to be (or vice versa). Hopefully its okay though.

I used last years MSAR (I bought the online MSAR this year, but the site navigation is frankly complete s*** IMO so I don't use it unless I have to...), so I guess the data isn't 100% up to date but I think it should be close. [Of course, I added a year to the accepted dates..]

And as far as accuracy, I didn't proofread/double check each entry, so there might be a couple on there that aren't supposed to be (or vice versa). Hopefully its okay though.

:thumbup:

I just wanted to clarify because I'm finding different answers throughout the forum. I took the MCAT Sept 2010. Would I be able to apply summer of 2013 for consideration for Fall 2014 admission for most schools? Or would this application cycle (consideration for fall 2013 admission) be the last cycle before my MCAT expires for most schools?

I just wanted to clarify because I'm finding different answers throughout the forum. I took the MCAT Sept 2010. Would I be able to apply summer of 2013 for consideration for Fall 2014 admission for most schools? Or would this application cycle (consideration for fall 2013 admission) be the last cycle before my MCAT expires for most schools?

If I were you I would just call a few admission offices and see.

To both the OP and rollingstone27 - get the MSAR online edition and look up all the schools' MCAT dates. If you're considering next year's application season, just move the date one year forward.

OP - most places take 3 years at matriculation, but some were good for older ones.

From my research when I applied this year:

3 years prior to application (so 2010, 2011, 2012, enter in 2013)
cornell
nyu
mt sinai
ucsf
uchicago
suny downstate
northwestern
rosalind franklin

4 years prior to matriculation (essentially same as the above list)
einstein
yale
loyola
harvard

SUNY Downstate, however, for example, requires MCAT scores to be within 3 years of matriculation.
Gotta do your research based on your school list tho!

Hey guys, I took the MCAT is August of 2009, and had compiled a list of schools which would still take my MCAT for this next cycle and take at least a handful of OOS students. If you took the MCAT a few months later, there were several that had deadlines in September 2009, and some in May 2009 if you took it earlier, so if you didn't take it in August it may differ for you, also, check your own IS schools.

Albany
Albert Einstein
Baylor
Boston University
Case Western
Duke
Emory
FAU
Harvard
Loyola
Michigan State
Northwestern
Oakland – William Beaumont
Ohio State
Saint Louis University
Stanford
Stony Brook
Texas A&M
Texas Tech El Paso
Texas Tech Health Science Center
UT San Antonio
Warren Alpert at Brown University
Tufts
Tulane
University of Buffalo
University of Arizona
University of Connecticut
University of Iowa
U Massachusetts (MD/PhD only)
U of Minnesota
U of Missouri
UMKC
University of North Dakota
University of Oklahoma
University of Pittsburgh
University of Rochester
University of South Alabama
University of South Carolina
University of Tennessee
University of Texas Medical Branch – Galveston
University of Texas – Houston
University of Texas Southwestern
University of Vermont
University of Wisconsin
Wayne State University – Detroit
Yale

I got this by going through the MSAR (yes, one school at a time)