Using LORs that are 2 years old

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smh2291

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I have 4 LORs, but 3 of them are from 2021. I wanted to get the date updated for this year but my university deleted my old email account, and my professors aren't responding to emails from my personal account. I believe non-uni emails get automatically sent to spam so they haven't even gotten a chance to see them.

How bad is this for me? Its looking like I am going to be a reapplicant for this upcoming cycle and I still have the letters to use thanks to interfolio, but I have no idea how bad this will look if I am using letters from 2021. Any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

Our experts will have a better answer, but just a birds-eye-view here: you can contact the school to contact the professors for your, or see if they can get you a temporary email / reactivate the old one. Or if you happen to still be nearby, a visit during office hours wouldn't be unspeakable (especially since I assume you had good relationship with them).

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I had 8 II this year with a good portion of my letters from 2020. I think you'll be okay.
I agree. 2 year old LOR is not too bad, unless a school specifically asks you to have it updated. However, most LORs are commonly more than 1 year old.

Reactions: 2 users