Schools that are academic/GPA heavy vs. holistic?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dogtormanda25

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone! Not sure if there is already a thread for this, but I was wondering what schools are more GPA/academic-focused versus holistic. I have a lower GPA and want to see what schools would be worth applying to and which I would be wasting my time & money on.
For example, I know LSU says they don't have a GPA requirement, but do they usually focus on academics mainly?
I know Iowa tends to be a good school to apply to with a lower GPA because they look at the last 45 more. But correct me if I am wrong!
Any and all advice is welcome and appreciated!
Thank you in advance and good luck to everyone applying 🙂
 
If LSU is your in-state, they are a bit more lenient with GPA. But if you're out-of-state, GPA rankings are considered in the first cut. I believe only the top 100/300 (conflicting sources) OOS applicants move onto having their entire folder review before interview invites are sent out.
 
If LSU is your in-state, they are a bit more lenient with GPA. But if you're out-of-state, GPA rankings are considered in the first cut. I believe only the top 100/300 (conflicting sources) OOS applicants move onto having their entire folder review before interview invites are sent out.
Thank you for this! I am not in-state for LSU so I will not be applying there due to my lower GPA