Schools that averages 2015 MCAT scores

Started by Favour517
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Favour517

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know this has been asked before, but the last thread was 2009, and there are new developments now. so does anyone know which schools average multiple mcat scores- since that is the best indication for success on Step 1. I really dont believe that though.
 
This is a good 7 years old but it's a start.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/mcat-low-scores.566616/

Something to consider I know @gyngyn has brought up is some schools that say most recent is given the most weight actually only use the most recent for calculating their school average and in reality consider everything. I'm paraphrasing and hence might have missed something important but the general point is be a little careful with the vague phrasing like that. I have no knowledge of this gyngyn can comment as I know his school average's scores but it is something to consider. Goro's school also averages I believe.
 
This is a good 7 years old but it's a start.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/mcat-low-scores.566616/

Something to consider I know @gyngyn has brought up is some schools that say most recent is given the most weight actually only use the most recent for calculating their school average and in reality consider everything. I'm paraphrasing and hence might have missed something important but the general point is be a little careful with the vague phrasing like that. I have no knowledge of this gyngyn can comment as I know his school average's scores but it is something to consider. Goro's school also averages I believe.
The visibility of all scores makes them all important.
Whatever the party line may be, each evaluator will have their idiosyncratic view of a series of scores.
AMCAS recommends that scores from the same test vintage be averaged.
When old and new MCATs are both available they recommend giving more weight to the new MCAT.
It is very difficult to predict how multiple scores will be interpreted and for this reason, a single strong score is always the best strategy.