Schools that don't at GPA first?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

BrumleyVet

Oldie but a wanna be!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know which schools (if any) that don't look at the GPA first? I've heard that there are a few that weigh other things (experience, GRE) either equally or don't just count you out if you're not high on GPA?
 
Check out Colorado State University...They are very honest about how they go through the applications to. I believe the first cut involves those with GPA's of less than a 3.2...I believe they cut half of these applicants and then they go through two more cuts.
 
From what I understood, MN looks at GPA as an initial cut off point, once you are above that cutoff point, they don't even look at it anymore, admission is strictly based on the subjective portion and interview scores.