Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Schools that request a first semester transcript?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by 139871, Dec 24, 2008.

1. 139871

139871 Guest
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hey guys, I applied for the 2009 cycle and the school I interviewed at is asking for a transcript showing grades from the first semester of senior year. I would consider myself a fairly borderline applicant for this school but my grades have been on the rise and another semester of good grades may be helpful. Do you think a school would take into account performance in these courses for the current application cycle? I was not sure as I feel the purpose of the transcript request is to make sure that accepted applicants have not completely fallen off grade wise rather than to assist students for whom a decision is pending.

2. Decicco

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Fall semester grades can definetly help you if they are very good. Good luck!

3. Jolie South

Jolie South is invoking Domo. . .
    Physician Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    It can't hurt.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. LittleRocker

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Do many schools actually REQUIRE first semester transcripts to make a decision or are they just optional?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Decicco

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Usually optional. If you have a borderline GPA, I think that an update may be expected if a decision has not yet been made or if you are on the waitlist. Some schools also require a transcript for this semester after having accepted you, just to make sure you are keeping your grades at an acceptable level.

6. hopefuldoc87

hopefuldoc87 Killer tofu
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    One school actually requested to see my fall grades..and I haven't even gotten an interview yet! Is this normal?? (they dnt mind an unofficial transcript btw..so no amcas verification needed)

7. AlanAlanine

7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    to above poster, i don't know how normal it is, but they're probably considering giving you an interview dependent on your doing well this semester. And if you've done well, then maybe they'll invite you for an interview? i'm just speculating here.