-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Schools that screen?
Started by Rugger81
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Stanford
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wake Forest pre-screened last year (entering class 2004). I don't know what criteria they use to determine who gets a secondary.
Best of Luck.
Best of Luck.
i thought that screening was commonplace, and not screening was the exception (usc)
Mt. Sinai and Commonwealth
Penn
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
EVMS screens also
I hope I don't get screened out
I am ready to pay for the secondaries. Have applied to less than 10 schools. :Fingers crossed:
I am ready to pay for the secondaries. Have applied to less than 10 schools. :Fingers crossed:adamj61 said:Wisconsin, Northwestern, U of Chic, Loyola
U Chicago does not screen. From their website:
"A University of Chicago Supplementary Application is e-mailed to every applicant who submits an application through AMCAS. "
A list is probably better for those that are applying this year:
UCDavis
UCLA
UCSD
UCSF
UC Irvine
Stanford
Wake Forest
Minnesota
Wisconsin
VCU
Pittsburgh
Northwestern
EVMS
Univ of Washington
Univ of Utah
Vanderbilt
Univ of Tennessee-HSC
East Tenn State
Univ of South Dakota
Univ of South Carolina
OHSU
Ohio State
Northeastern Ohio
MCO
UNC
Brody
New Mexico
Nevada
Univ of Missouri--Columbia
Univ of Minnesota--Duluth
Wayne State
Univ of Louisville
Univ of Kentucky
Univ of Kansas
Univ of Iowa
UIC
Southern Illinois
Loyola
Univ of Hawaii
Mercer
MCG
Miami
South Alabama
Univ of Alabama
Good luck class of 2009.
UCDavis
UCLA
UCSD
UCSF
UC Irvine
Stanford
Wake Forest
Minnesota
Wisconsin
VCU
Pittsburgh
Northwestern
EVMS
Univ of Washington
Univ of Utah
Vanderbilt
Univ of Tennessee-HSC
East Tenn State
Univ of South Dakota
Univ of South Carolina
OHSU
Ohio State
Northeastern Ohio
MCO
UNC
Brody
New Mexico
Nevada
Univ of Missouri--Columbia
Univ of Minnesota--Duluth
Wayne State
Univ of Louisville
Univ of Kentucky
Univ of Kansas
Univ of Iowa
UIC
Southern Illinois
Loyola
Univ of Hawaii
Mercer
MCG
Miami
South Alabama
Univ of Alabama
Good luck class of 2009.
Arusak said:A list is probably better for those that are applying this year:
UCDavis
UCLA
UCSD
UCSF
UC Irvine
Stanford
Wake Forest
Minnesota
Wisconsin
VCU
Pittsburgh
Northwestern
EVMS
Univ of Washington
Univ of Utah
Vanderbilt
Univ of Tennessee-HSC
East Tenn State
Univ of South Dakota
Univ of South Carolina
OHSU
Ohio State
Northeastern Ohio
MCO
UNC
Brody
New Mexico
Nevada
Univ of Missouri--Columbia
Univ of Minnesota--Duluth
Wayne State
Univ of Louisville
Univ of Kentucky
Univ of Kansas
Univ of Iowa
UIC
Southern Illinois
Loyola
Univ of Hawaii
Mercer
MCG
Miami
South Alabama
Univ of Alabama
Good luck class of 2009.
Thanks for the list. Don't forget to add Duke.
UCDavis
UCLA
UCSD
UCSF
UC Irvine
Stanford
Wake Forest
Minnesota
Wisconsin
VCU
Pittsburgh
Northwestern
EVMS
Univ of Washington
Univ of Utah
Vanderbilt
Univ of Tennessee-HSC
East Tenn State
Univ of South Dakota
Univ of South Carolina
OHSU
Ohio State
Northeastern Ohio
MCO
UNC
Duke
Brody
New Mexico
Nevada
Univ of Missouri--Columbia
Univ of Minnesota--Duluth
Wayne State
Univ of Louisville
Univ of Kentucky
Univ of Kansas
Univ of Iowa
UIC
Southern Illinois
Loyola
Univ of Hawaii
Mercer
MCG
Miami
South Alabama
Univ of Alabama
Brody
Duke
East Tenn State
EVMS
Loyola
MCG
MCO
Mercer
Miami
Michigan State
Minnesota
Nevada
New Mexico
Northeastern Ohio
Northwestern
Ohio State
OHSU
Pittsburgh
South Alabama
Southern Illinois
Stanford
UC Irvine
UCDavis
UCLA
UCSD
UCSF
UIC
UNC
Univ of Alabama
Univ of Hawaii
Univ of Iowa
Univ of Kansas
Univ of Kentucky
Univ of Louisville
Univ of Minnesota--Duluth
Univ of Missouri--Columbia
Univ of South Carolina
Univ of South Dakota
Univ of Tennessee-HSC
Univ of Utah
Univ of Washington
Vanderbilt
VCU
Wake Forest
Wayne State
Wisconsin
Duke
East Tenn State
EVMS
Loyola
MCG
MCO
Mercer
Miami
Michigan State
Minnesota
Nevada
New Mexico
Northeastern Ohio
Northwestern
Ohio State
OHSU
Pittsburgh
South Alabama
Southern Illinois
Stanford
UC Irvine
UCDavis
UCLA
UCSD
UCSF
UIC
UNC
Univ of Alabama
Univ of Hawaii
Univ of Iowa
Univ of Kansas
Univ of Kentucky
Univ of Louisville
Univ of Minnesota--Duluth
Univ of Missouri--Columbia
Univ of South Carolina
Univ of South Dakota
Univ of Tennessee-HSC
Univ of Utah
Univ of Washington
Vanderbilt
VCU
Wake Forest
Wayne State
Wisconsin
i read somewhere that stanford did not screen this year...although they normally do.
Yeah, Stanford supposedly said they are not screening this year, but I have two students in my Masters program who were rejected pre-secondary and another in undergrad who was also rejected pre-secondary. Maybe they mean that they are not screening a certain tier of applicants? i.e. if you meet certain criteria, your application surpasses the screen (which is, in and of itself, a screen, I know...but I don't know how else to justify the rumor that Stanford isn't screening this year).Peace&Health said:i read somewhere that stanford did not screen this year...although they normally do.
Does Mt. Sinai screen?
I got a secondary ffrom them , but they're asking me to fill one for the MD/PHD even though I applied to the MD only, what do you think is going on??
I got a secondary ffrom them , but they're asking me to fill one for the MD/PHD even though I applied to the MD only, what do you think is going on??
Hard to tell. My stats are mediocre at best undergrad GPA 3.3, MCAT 27. However, I have a great graduate GPA of 3.9 and a lot of experience in healthcare. I received a secondary, so they may have incorporated the PS into their screening.Jack_Adam said:Yeah, Stanford supposedly said they are not screening this year, but I have two students in my Masters program who were rejected pre-secondary and another in undergrad who was also rejected pre-secondary. Maybe they mean that they are not screening a certain tier of applicants? i.e. if you meet certain criteria, your application surpasses the screen (which is, in and of itself, a screen, I know...but I don't know how else to justify the rumor that Stanford isn't screening this year).
MohMan said:this may sound real stupid, but what do you guys mean by "screening"? 😳
If a school doesn't screen applications, then you will get a secondary no matter what and pay another sum of money when you turn in your secondary. Then they will finally review your application.
For the schools that screen, they are reviewing your stats (GPA and MCAT scores) before you receive a secondary to their school. Some schools screen harder than others and some screen out-of-state harder than in-state applicants.
Everyone but Boston U. 😀
What a scam.
What a scam.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Fermata said:Everyone but Boston U. 😀
What a scam.
I sort of respect a school that doesn't BS the applicants by making them write an essay or two. All these places want is our money so I'd rather save some time and send a check. Go BU for just taking our dinero instead of trying to pretend like they care as to the reason we want to attend their fine institution.
I'm pretty sure that this year Duke, Northwestern, and Stanford did NOT screen. I am less sure but still pretty confident that U Chicago did not either. Someone posted a thread a few months ago where they actually called each school to verify.
I don't think Stanford screens this year .... at least this was what they told me last Aug. when I emailed them asking about secondary ....
uptoolate said:I'm pretty sure that this year Duke, Northwestern, and Stanford did NOT screen. I am less sure but still pretty confident that U Chicago did not either. Someone posted a thread a few months ago where they actually called each school to verify.
Aero047 said:What's screening?
Read evajaclynn's response above . . . she already anwered your question.
Indiana.
I got a question, in the screening process do they look at your individual classes like calc, which physics you took, how many extra bio etc or is it the raw GPA and MCAT score? I'm guessing that it will take a long time to screen individual classes, anyone like to take this?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 789
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 2K