Schools /w No More Pre-Dec. 1 Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ssik

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have personally contacted these schools today and they said no more Pre-Dec. 1 interviews:

University of Pacific (more interviews starting Jan.)
Columbia University (more in Dec.)
Boston University (more in Jan.)

Please add others to the list...

Members don't see this ad.

Marquette University (finished, interviews are for alternate spots)

really is BU done giving pre-dec interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
Obviously Case because they are filled up to april.

Obviously Case because they are filled up to april.
Baylor (last spots will be offered by the end of next week)

that's strange how boston filled up so fast...

Case because they are filled up to april
Nova

is nova done for this cycle? or just pre dec 1?

Case because they are filled up to april
Nova (no more pre Dec 1st)

that's strange how boston filled up so fast...

I called them today and they told me no more pre-dec. 1. I was shocked to hear that too. It's strange when you get an interview from one school and not from another even though you think they are equally competitive...

buffalo is done with pre dec 1

Members don't see this ad :)
Doing some quick math, I believe Pitt is done for Pre-Dec. 1st.
3 interviews x 50 people each interview = 150 interviews.
300 total interviews given out for cycle.
Half of the class filled Pre-Dec. 1st, half filled after Dec. 1st.
Therefore...

Doing some quick math, I believe Pitt is done for Pre-Dec. 1st.
3 interviews x 50 people each interview = 150 interviews.
300 total interviews given out for cycle.
Half of the class filled Pre-Dec. 1st, half filled after Dec. 1st.
Therefore...

Pitt only has 3 interview dates??? I thought it was anaverage school, i didnt know it had such high standards, i didnt even hear back from them yet and I submittd in mid july.

Wow, people with 8+ interviews are complaining they don't get more! Unbelievable! How many interviews you guys plan to go to anyhow?

Thats not true about boston I just rescheduled my interview to a Nov date before they gave me a dec interview.

Pitt only has 3 interview dates??? I thought it was anaverage school, i didnt know it had such high standards, i didnt even hear back from them yet and I submittd in mid july.

yes there are no more pre-dec 1st interviews for PITT however here's how there interview system works (interviewed on OCT 20th):

they split their spots in half:

3 interview dates in the fall - about 50 interviewees at each date and you are competing for 40 of the 80 spots in the class...(so 150 people competing for 40 spots, about 1 in 3 chance...but they hand out a ton of acceptances of those interviewed so...)

3 interview dates in the spring - again, about 50 applicants at each date and competing for the other 40 spots

Rose also said that they about 1/5 to 1/4 of their class is filled from their waitlist - crazy!

hope that clarifies things

Thats not true about boston I just rescheduled my interview to a Nov date before they gave me a dec interview.

Maybe they just wanted me to hang up.

You can add Loma Linda University

Do you know if LLU fill most of the seats in Dec?
Do ppl who possibly get interviews after Dec have chance of getting accepted? Just curious although I still haven't heard from them . . =(

:(:(:(:(

someone else just posted that USC is done for Pre-dec 1st

Wow, people with 8+ interviews are complaining they don't get more! Unbelievable! How many interviews you guys plan to go to anyhow?

If you are referring to me, I dunno, but it would be pretty stupid to apply to a school pay for it and not care about getting an interview there. Otherwise why apply. Thats the way I see it, maybe you just like throwing away money or neglecting your application?? w/e

Does anyone know when most schools send out their post-dec interviews?

I am assuming if we haven't heard from schools by now we are either on the continuing review file or not invited for an interview.

Klutzy, seriously...some of these schools you applied to as a backup or not in your top 5. Do you seriously intent to go to everyone of your interviews or to everyone of these schools if you are offered an interview? If one of these pre Dec 1 schools offers you a spot on Dec 1...are you going to go to everyone of your remaining interviews? Now I can see if your number 1 school hasn't come up yet...then OK. I seriously doubt you will even go to some of your post Dec1 interviews if you get into your number 1 on Dec 1. You are doing great so far...why all the whining?

Klutzy, seriously...some of these schools you applied to as a backup or not in your top 5. Do you seriously intent to go to everyone of your interviews or to everyone of these schools if you are offered an interview? If one of these pre Dec 1 schools offers you a spot on Dec 1...are you going to go to everyone of your remaining interviews? Now I can see if your number 1 school hasn't come up yet...then OK. I seriously doubt you will even go to some of your post Dec1 interviews if you get into your number 1 on Dec 1. You are doing great so far...why all the whining?

I would go to EVERY interview pre-december. If I don't get in then I will go to EVERY post-december interview. I believe many people will do the same. Sounds like someone has invite envy.

Ahh...Crew...are you going to go to ALL of your interviews pre and post Dec 1? Are you going to go to ALL of your interviews if you're accepted into any or all of your pre Dec 1 interviews? Or are you going to bail on some of these interviews(post Dec1) once you get into your number 1? C'mon. The OP has both pre and post Dec 1 offers and he is whining about not getting invited to BU...unless this is his number 1...then I apologize...but really...

Klutzy
Don't mind other ppl. I totally agree with you. You spent $$ and time applying to the schools and you have the right to be concerned about getting interviews. Everyone has the right.

I think the quote below explains it best. It answers questions other ppl have been asking.:D:D:D

I would go to EVERY interview pre-december. If I don't get in then I will go to EVERY post-december interview. I believe many people will do the same. Sounds like someone has invite envy.

Ppl, lets not be rude to one another, we might be future classmates :hardy:

Ahh...Crew...are you going to go to ALL of your interviews pre and post Dec 1? Are you going to go to ALL of your interviews if you're accepted into any or all of your pre Dec 1 interviews? Or are you going to bail on some of these interviews(post Dec1) once you get into your number 1? C'mon. The OP has both pre and post Dec 1 offers and he is whining about not getting invited to BU...unless this is his number 1...then I apologize...but really...

If I wasnt planning on attending every interview i get I would not apply to the school. The only 2 schools that I may not go to are NOVA, and UCLA if I get an interview. All the others I will go to and see what the school is all about, what scholarships and funding they offer. I submitted my aadsas after I had already taken my DAT so I already figured that I would get an interview at my top 5-7 choices. Still I took the time and money to apply to 15 schools because I fully expect to hear from all of them and go to all of them that I dont have to fly to. The fact that 6 schools havent offered me interviews yet, frustrates me. If you are jealous of ohers, then thats just stupid. Jealousy is never a good thing unless you use it to drive you to succeed.

I got a question for you guys...I heard that once you accept an offer that the rest of your applications are canceled....is that true? If so, if you accept a dec 1st offer to a school, would the school that offered you an interview in February retract their offer or do they still let you go despite knowing that you have already committed to a school?

I think that once you've accepted and put down a deposit, you have to withdraw your application from the other schools and decline interviews offers.

I got a question for you guys...I heard that once you accept an offer that the rest of your applications are canceled....is that true? If so, if you accept a dec 1st offer to a school, would the school that offered you an interview in February retract their offer or do they still let you go despite knowing that you have already committed to a school?

i'm not positive on this, but i heard that they don't know if you accepted an offer elsewhere until may 1st. when i interviewed at UF, they talked about how some applicants "commit" to multiple schools by paying the initial deposit to each. it isn't until may that the schools find out about it and start to contact them again to get a more sure commitment. if this is the case, then i'm sure you won't lose interviews.

Not true. You would still interview in February because the school doesn't know where you've accepted until May 1st.

I think that once you've accepted and put down a deposit, you have to withdraw your application from the other schools and decline interviews offers.

Not true.

i'm not positive on this, but i heard that they don't know if you accepted an offer elsewhere until may 1st. when i interviewed at UF, they talked about how some applicants "commit" to multiple schools by paying the initial deposit to each. it isn't until may that the schools find out about it and start to contact them again to get a more sure commitment. if this is the case, then i'm sure you won't lose interviews.

Exactly.

Before May 1st you can commit to as many schools as you want. After that AADSAS gets information from the schools about who reserved a deposit and sends information about multiple spot holders to the schools.

Straight from the ADEA website:

f) Applicants holding positions at multiple institutions. Dental schools participating in AADSAS will report to AADSAS by May 1, the names and identification numbers of candidates who have paid a deposit and/or hold a position in their entering class. After May 5, AADSAS will report to each institution the names of candidates in their entering class who are holding acceptance(s) at additional institutions. Dental schools will have the option of rescinding an offer of admission to candidates who have paid deposits and are holding positions at multiple institutions. Dental schools with candidates holding multiple positions on May 1of the year of admission will give such candidates a minimum 15-day notice if they choose to withdraw them from the entering class. This policy will be evaluated every two years by the ADEA Section of Dental School Admissions Officers to assess its impact on applicants and dental schools and provide applicants a reasonable time-frame to complete their enrollment process.

Emphasis is my own. So if you're going to hold more than one spot, make sure by May 1st that you update schools and give up your extra spots.
Regarding the part in italics, does that means that the schools give you fifteen days to commit before kicking you out?

And what do you guys think of holding multiple spots?

Not true. You would still interview in February because the school doesn't know where you've accepted until May 1st.

Not true.

Exactly.

Before May 1st you can commit to as many schools as you want. After that AADSAS gets information from the schools about who reserved a deposit and sends information about multiple spot holders to the schools.

Straight from the ADEA website:

f) Applicants holding positions at multiple institutions. Dental schools participating in AADSAS will report to AADSAS by May 1, the names and identification numbers of candidates who have paid a deposit and/or hold a position in their entering class. After May 5, AADSAS will report to each institution the names of candidates in their entering class who are holding acceptance(s) at additional institutions. Dental schools will have the option of rescinding an offer of admission to candidates who have paid deposits and are holding positions at multiple institutions. Dental schools with candidates holding multiple positions on May 1of the year of admission will give such candidates a minimum 15-day notice if they choose to withdraw them from the entering class. This policy will be evaluated every two years by the ADEA Section of Dental School Admissions Officers to assess its impact on applicants and dental schools and provide applicants a reasonable time-frame to complete their enrollment process.

Emphasis is my own. So if you're going to hold more than one spot, make sure by May 1st that you update schools and give up your extra spots.
Regarding the part in italics, does that means that the schools give you fifteen days to commit before kicking you out?

And what do you guys think of holding multiple spots?

Great info...thanks...I definitely want to commit Dec 1st to one of my schools but want to keep my options open so would love to interview even into March...which seems like is a possibility.

University at Buffalo is done with pre-dec. 1st interviews. I called to schedule mine 2 weeks ago and the earilest date they had was dec 18th.

I am thinking of canceling my Buffalo interview which is on Nov 20th. Will let you guys know here if anyone wants that spot.

Honestly I would be more than happy to get one acceptance. The truth is this is my second time applying and I really want to get in. I'm actually very stressed about the whole process and am trying to pass time until December 1st. The reason for my post is I thought other people would be interested to know this information. Sorry...

Called UNLV today and they said they are out of pre-december 1st interviews.

Called UNLV today and they said they are out of pre-december 1st interviews.

this might be a dumb question, but does anyone know if they interview throughout dec and beginning of january? during winter break?