Schools waiving their NDBE minimum?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Meggs

Dpr@v@2
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
There are some schools like Nova, BU, Case Western which require a minimum 85 in part 1 scores.

Since a lot of you know people who have been trough this process before (I don't), I wonder if any of you has heard about schools willing to waive their minimum scores requirement.

I know some schools look at the applicant as whole package, rather than just specific numbers. But I'll really appreciatte some advice before wasting my money in application procedures in such schools. The rest of my numbers are fine.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I had called up BU last year to find out if they wud consider any application if it was well rounded in all apsects but had a score lower than 85. and their answer was that we need to have a minimum of 85, even for them to look for other things.

I just called BU and they say that I could still apply. They do prefer the minimum 85, but every application received will still be look at. But I just spoke to the secretary, 'cause the addmissions director is on maternity leave.

I also got this email from Case Western:
"We require a score of 85 or higher on the NDBE part 1 to qualify to apply to the program. We do not waive that requirement. This is a highly competitive program. Most of our candidates that are invited for interviews score in the upper 90's."

Too bad, that's one of the cheapest schools. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by meggs
I know some schools look at the applicant as whole package, rather than just specific numbers. But I'll really appreciatte some advice before wasting my money in application procedures in such schools. The rest of my numbers are fine.

Thanks.
The key to applying to as many schools as possible is that even if you dont get in year they will give you a preference next year if you've improved your scores by then.

I called Nova yesterday, and they told me they only have 1 or 2 spots available, and they receive around 200 applications. And she told me they usually accept people with 90 or above, so unless I have 90+, to save my money. :mad:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I am sorry but that was kinda funny.. apply to other schools.....like I told you before it will help you even if you dont get in this year.