-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Schools you are applying to?
Started by HandD42
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I still have not submitted. Waiting on one more LOR, I need to put in my experiences, and write my PS (still). I have finished the WSU supplemental which was quiet simple. Still have some of the CSU supplemental to finish and all of Westen's supplemental. Thank goodness UC-Davis doesn't have a supplemental. I feel like I am so far behind.


I know this is much easier to say now that I'm not applying, but don't worry about how much other people have done because all that matters is the final deadline. There is no benefit to turning it in early unless you are really ready. Take your time 🙂, you still have a few good weeks.
I've been done with the VMCAs for a while but I haven't submitted yet since my LoR people are being slow.
I'm apping:
Davis (IS)
Colorado
Illinois
UPenn
Mizzou
Iowa
I'm done with all the supplementals except for a couple of the lame questions in Mizzou's and Iowa's. I'll probably try and finish those tomorrow. My credit card bill this month is going to be awful because of these things.
Did anyone else find Illinois's supplemental essay question to be absolutely ridiculously dumb and random? I don't know where they come up with this crap.
I'm apping:
Davis (IS)
Colorado
Illinois
UPenn
Mizzou
Iowa
I'm done with all the supplementals except for a couple of the lame questions in Mizzou's and Iowa's. I'll probably try and finish those tomorrow. My credit card bill this month is going to be awful because of these things.
Did anyone else find Illinois's supplemental essay question to be absolutely ridiculously dumb and random? I don't know where they come up with this crap.
Did anyone else find Illinois's supplemental essay question to be absolutely ridiculously dumb and random? I don't know where they come up with this crap.
Is it the one about vets being called to work on the swine flu fiasco?
Did anyone else find Illinois's supplemental essay question to be absolutely ridiculously dumb and random? I don't know where they come up with this crap.
Yea it's all about the swine flu fiasco. I might not apply there now because I'm having such a hard time writing an answer to that question. I've been brainstorming, but nothing really noteworthy has come up. frustrating!
The part that got me about it was that it wasn't just about swine flu, but they tried to relate swine flu to all the times you'll have to work late your entire career and why you'll have to not stop learning after vet school and they managed to phrase it in a way in which none of the parts seem at all related to each other. I wrote some slop and managed to tie it all together, but wow, what a stupid essay question.Yea it's all about the swine flu fiasco. I might not apply there now because I'm having such a hard time writing an answer to that question. I've been brainstorming, but nothing really noteworthy has come up. frustrating!
Mine are:
Auburn
Colorado State
U of Illinois
Wisconsin Madison
Kansas State
Auburn
Colorado State
U of Illinois
Wisconsin Madison
Kansas State
Yea it's all about the swine flu fiasco. I might not apply there now because I'm having such a hard time writing an answer to that question. I've been brainstorming, but nothing really noteworthy has come up. frustrating!
I attend the U of I right now and I think the question sucks. For the majority of vets, it is an irrelevant question unless you are a) answer clients and b) into some kind of comparative medicine.
Crap crap question. Probably someone threw it out in a rush because we are trying to kick out our chancellor. Yay Category I scandal.
All I could think of is tying being a life long learner into it, how continued education is vital to the success of a vet, and that I know it's not a 9-5 job.
I'm applying to (deep breath):
Tufts (in state)
Cornell
UPenn
NCSU
UFl
CSU
UC-Davis
tough schools. fingers crossed!
We have the same list! Except my in state is UF.
I submitted last year before my LORs were all in. You can still go back and see all of that and edit it even after you submit so no worries.🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Frazzled1, i don't know for sure if they know about other schools you applied to but it is a possibility. I do know that while most people apply to 4 (that is the average) that there are some people who apply to many schools and are still successful.
Oh and I have gotten my list down to 8 because I figured why spend more money on animal nutrition:
UC Davis (IS)
CSU
Penn
Minnesota
Wisconsin
WSU
Kansas
Illinois
A couple are long shots, but a girl can dream
Oh and I have gotten my list down to 8 because I figured why spend more money on animal nutrition:
UC Davis (IS)
CSU
Penn
Minnesota
Wisconsin
WSU
Kansas
Illinois
A couple are long shots, but a girl can dream
A couple are long shots, but a girl can dream
I hear ya...
I applied to four schools last year and it didnt get me anywhere (i probably shouldnt have wasted my money on colorado .. LOL) but this year im applying to a lot of places!!
Davis (IS), Western, FL, WSU, TKU, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, minnesota, KSU, and last but not least Dublin....
Good luck to everyone!! 🙂

I wont be applying for another 2 or 3 years, but I'm already trying to figure out where I may want to go
so far ive got it down to ncsu, osu (currently top choice), csu, and possibly upenn since it's my in state... but I really dont want to live in philly for 4 years. I'm sure this list will change/grow as I research more school, and realize that I probably wont get into any of my current choices.
so far ive got it down to ncsu, osu (currently top choice), csu, and possibly upenn since it's my in state... but I really dont want to live in philly for 4 years. I'm sure this list will change/grow as I research more school, and realize that I probably wont get into any of my current choices.
1st time applicant here and I've be done with undergrad for about 3 years. Currently live in NV so doing Wiche and then applying to a LOT of schools, glad to see some other people have long lists too. I just really want to get in!!! So in no particular order...
Davis (WICHE)
Washington (WICHE)
Colorado (WICHE)
University of Florida
UPenn
Wisconsin
Tufts
Missouri
Ohio
Davis (WICHE)
Washington (WICHE)
Colorado (WICHE)
University of Florida
UPenn
Wisconsin
Tufts
Missouri
Ohio
1st time applicant here and I've be done with undergrad for about 3 years. Currently live in NV so doing Wiche and then applying to a LOT of schools, glad to see some other people have long lists too. I just really want to get in!!! So in no particular order...
Davis (WICHE)
Washington (WICHE)
Colorado (WICHE)
University of Florida
UPenn
Wisconsin
Tufts
Missouri
Ohio
I am in AZ and also doing WICHE. I had to sign something saying that it is better to apply to all WICHE schools to be considered for support. Did you have to do the same or is that just an AZ thing? I am only applying to 3 of the 4 WICHE schools.
Had to sign a similar thing, I believe, I'll be honest, I've filled out so many forms lately they are getting a little blurry in my head, haha. But I do remember reading a similar statement. I am also only applying to 3 of 4 since I did not take the biochem sequence required for Oregon.
Had to sign a similar thing, I believe, I'll be honest, I've filled out so many forms lately they are getting a little blurry in my head, haha. But I do remember reading a similar statement. I am also only applying to 3 of 4 since I did not take the biochem sequence required for Oregon.
I just haven't taken Animal Nutrition and since my school does not offer it I would have to pay to take it somewhere else and it is too expensive. So that is why I am not applying to Oregon. Good luck to you. Maybe we will be classmates and we will both get WICHE support! 😀
Oh let's see....
A&M
Iowa
Ohio
Colorado
Kansas
Louisiana
Missouri
Western
and maybe Tennessee if I can find what they count as 'cellular biology'. I have Microbiology, but I don't think that's the same. Shall see come Monday.
I think generally they mean cell physiology when they say that. The Tenessee website says:
"Applicants are strongly encouraged to take additional courses in the biological and physical sciences, especially comparative anatomy, mammalian physiology, and microbiology with laboratory"
So I have a feeling micro doesn't count.
the cell biology requirement is fulfilled by an upper level cell biology course or molecular biology course. my university requires molecular biology for genetics and my molecular biology course fulfills UTK's "cell bio" requirement. another student i know took a combined molecular & cellular bio course and that course counted as well.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 25
- Views
- 5K
D