Science GPA Classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HowYouGetAnts

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a few classes that I'd like to get SDN community's opinion on. This is regarding whether they fit into my science GPA under AACOMAS. I was surprised that math was not considered in the science GPA but some of my other classes would be. I majored in anthropology with a health emphasis so I think I've got a lo of classes I'm unsure of. Some of my class titles

Anthropology: Human Biology, Native American Biology, Medical Anthropology (possibly public health?)

Exercise Physiology: I have a couple of these, one is Movement Science and the other is Sport-American Society. It seems like Movement Science would count as science, however, I'm not so sure about Sport-American Society. They're both classified as exercise science.

Members don't see this ad.

Both of those biology anthropology classes count for sgpa. Not sure about Native American biology ? Exercise physiology counts for sgpa. Does the sport-american society have "exercise physiology" as it's course prefix - if so then I'd put that under sgpa

help.unicas.com:8888/aacomasHelpPages/instructions/academic-history-2/aacomas-course-subjects/index.html

All you need to know is in the link... Your course abbreviation matters.

IMPORTANT: AACOMAS verifies course subjects using the course title and then departmental prefix listed on your official transcript. AACOMAS will not accept course descriptions to verify course subjects.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
help.unicas.com:8888/aacomasHelpPages/instructions/academic-history-2/aacomas-course-subjects/index.html

All you need to know is in the link... Your course abbreviation matters.

IMPORTANT: AACOMAS verifies course subjects using the course title and then departmental prefix listed on your official transcript. AACOMAS will not accept course descriptions to verify course subjects.

That's not entirely strait forward though. One school may have General Physics 2010 while another school has College Physics 2010. Or one school may have 4 credit genetics vs 3 credit genetics. There seems to be a lot of information left ambiguous here.

I wondered the same thing.

This course-> Anthropology 101 (Human Biological Evolution) is defined as 'biological science' by our CC district and it is recognized as biological science to fulfill IGETC (kind of like GE breadth) for University of California.
But when I sent an e-mail, they categorized it as behavioral science.
I'm thinking: you'll never know which courses will verify as science (those obscure ones) until you fill out the AACOMAS application..