Science GPA Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedPuck

Made
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know the science gpa includes BCPM, but I took a concepts of biology course for nonscience majors during my freshman year, 2 years before I even pondered a career in medicine. This class does not fulfill the required gen bio I, II w/lab, which of course I did take a few years after. My question is: does this course have to be included in my science gpa when it was a class for non-science majors? This is the only blemish I will have if it must be included with my science gpa, which is why I ask. Thank you for your replies.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm pretty sure that if it's a biology class, no matter what level, it must be included in the science GPA. I would definitely include it if it's name is BIOL 123, or something like that.

Thats really unfortunate (I'm in the same situation). Nothing seems to go the way you'd (one would) like, right!!!! Kiss that 4.0 GOOD-BYE!!!!!!!

It is actually good if that is the case. Then you can take extra science courses and raise that BCPM. For instance, one woman I knew had C's for organic. But, she made the science gpa cutoff because she took alot of extra science courses to raise her sci gpa.