Science GPA

longhornforlife

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, my science (psychology included) GPA is around a 3.04 :( ... what OAT score do you think would be appropriate to become a competitive applicant? I go to the University of Texas at Austin (obviously haha) which is a decently competitive school but definitely not an ivy league. I am also a human biology major. Please give me your thoughts :).

Members don't see this ad.

I'm also an applicant, but I wanted to throw in my 2 cents. My science GPA is also in that range (actually, we might have the same sGPA), so I think it's important to do well on the OAT to show that you know your stuff - maybe you had difficult teachers or it's an advanced school/class, whatever. Think of the OAT scores as GPAs! For example, I got a B- in both my physics, so I want to do well overall obviously, but especially in physics, to show that my physics class was very advanced/difficult. I got a 310 (so think 3.1, a little over a B), so I'm shooting even higher for my second exam!

What schools are you planning on applying to? Depending on the schools, the scores can vary. If you are planning on applying to the newer schools a 300 will be fine. If you plan on applying to an established school I would aim from over 320. And applying early and taking the test early can increase your chance on which ever school you choose to apply to.

But really no less than a 300.