Science GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LEC_DPT

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Question: When a school says they take a "Science" GPA, do they mean just of the prereqs that were completed for that school that are science related (bio, chem, physics)? Or do they mean in total every science class that was taken?

Members don't see this ad.

So if I am a Bio major pretty much my entire GPA? lol

Members don't see this ad :)
"Science: GPA includes anatomy and physiology, biology, chemistry, and physics courses."

Reactions: 1 user
I was told that the science GPA is made up of all natural science courses (bio, chem, physics), so things like exercise physiology or kinesiology courses would be excluded.

I was told that the science GPA is made up of all natural science courses (bio, chem, physics), so things like exercise physiology or kinesiology courses would be excluded.
But it would include every bio class? lol so, for example, zoology, evolutionary, botany, bio 1, bio 2, micro would all contribute?

But it would include every bio class? lol so, for example, zoology, evolutionary, botany, bio 1, bio 2, micro would all contribute?
Nope. Only ones that are defined as science prerequisites to the PT program.

Reactions: 1 user

I would say yes, but I would double check with the schools just to be sure. For example, I was told by admissions at Drexel that any science courses taken in the Biology, Chemistry, and Physics departments will count towards the science GPA. So if that is the case for the schools you are applying to, then yes, all of the courses you mentioned would be included in that GPA calculation.

Reactions: 1 users
I was told by Pacific University that all science classes (regardless of being pre-reqs or not) are calculated into that GPA.